Ooops...

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I loaded my Bronica with some film last weekend and ended up not using it. Wouldn't mind taking some pics this weekend, but I can't for the life of me remember what I put in there... :bonk:

Could be either Velvia 50... Provia 100... Delta 100 or 400.

I usually cut out a bit of the box and stick it in the little holder on the film back so I'll know what's in there, but forgot to do it this time round... any way of 'finding out' what speed the film is without resorting to dark bag and manually winding the film back just to check what film it is? I can live with 'discovering' whether it was B&W or colour, but I think the speed needs to be a known known :LOL:

This is why they have a little clip so you can put the box end in...

I really don't think there is any way to discover what film is in the camera without fogging some frames, unless you try to rewind it.

Alternatively maybe a bit of detective work may help. Can you discover from the films you have left the possibility of the film type in the camera.

I take it you have advanced the film to the first frame position, if not you could open the magazine and find out.

The only other way would be to open the magazine, ( in a very low light and see what film it is. You would lose some frames but possibly only 2 as the spool and backing paper would protect the rest

Thanks Chappers. Yes, I think the detective work may pay off. I remember having about 2 or 3 rolls of Delta 400 left over in the fridge - now there's none and one spare box of 400 in my camera bag. Also, I had my light meter in the camera bag and that's set to 400... though the last roll I put through my Bronica was Provia 100, so I must have set the light meter the night before.

Process of deduction and hopefully there is actually a roll of Delta 400 in there! I think I'll risk it and use my 35mm to re-capture the good 'uns just in case. :bonk:

Atleast you know what it is before you process it and you can change your timings to compensate can,t you?

I should be able to push the film a couple of stops by adding about 5 minutes to the first developer processing time, though this is the first time I've tried this, so may do a bit of research before giving it a bash...

I used to do that constantly so I bought a Moleskine diary especially for film and fill it with stuff like 'Loaded Kodak Portra VC in Diana', 'Dropped Kodak Portra VC off to get developed', it helps a lot :D

Back