Out of date film

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Im starting a BTEC in photography in september and the first year is film.
As we have to provide our own film i was going to buy in bulk.
I have seen a few bulk deals where some are just out of date and others where they are a year or so out of date. How much will this affect the film?

Thanks
paul

Now that IS a coincidence ...:clap:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

If BW you'll not notice, if colour, you may notice but only if you shoot the same thing at the same time from the same camera at the same exposure

In other words, unless it's been kept on a windowsill for 3 years rather than a fridge (so ask where/what conditions it was kept) - it'll be fine

(y)

DD

If you do buy some in bulk, keep it in the freezer till the day before you need it.

We have film in our freezer thats old enough to vote and it still process okay.

Ernie

Bulk buy - there are a few advertisers in the back of Amateur Photography magazine, but tobe honest in find 7dayshop.com the cheapest by a long way 95% of the time. Only problem is they are based in Guernsey so you need to keep your order under £18 to avoid any risk of VAT charges. Not really a problem when some films are £1.80 !

Bulk buy - there are a few advertisers in the back of Amateur Photography magazine, but tobe honest in find 7dayshop.com the cheapest by a long way 95% of the time. Only problem is they are based in Guernsey so you need to keep your order under £18 to avoid any risk of VAT charges. Not really a problem when some films are £1.80 !

Thanks!!! I'll have a look. (y)

Don't worry about going over the £18 - as long as any one item is under this price they will ship in seperate packages to ensure they are under the vat limit - Do allow a week(ish) for delivery though.

I've got a roll of Kodacolor Gold 120 roll film that's 20 years passed its date and never seen a fridge. I've got a Holga coming which I will put it in, and hopefully get some exceptionally crappy pictures.

I've got a roll of Kodacolor Gold 120 roll film that's 20 years passed its date and never seen a fridge. I've got a Holga coming which I will put it in, and hopefully get some exceptionally crappy pictures.

Way out of date film + Holga = FUN! :clap:

One of the photographers i am currently assisting has 2 fridges full of 35, 120, 5x4, 10x8. Lots of different brands and types too.

Most of it is out of date but only by a year or so.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

I've just bought 10 rolls of out of date (May '08) 35mm Sensia II slide film for £16 on 7-day shop.

Worth a bash IMO and will post the results...

Back