weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Week 32 : Fur

A trip to Chester Zoo yesterday in the rain gave me a few options, but settled on this fine looking beast :)

Chester%20Zoo%20150821-56-X3.jpg

I guess nipping in to the enclosure to move that plant stem on the RH side was too much of an ask? :naughty:

The detail on the fur is great and the white whiskers give him/her/they/them a distinguished look. Nice composition too.

I love everything about that. The look, the sharpness, the colours, the composition and the gentle fall of of focus. The texture of the fur on the head is really strange, as if there's a problem with your sensor, almost moire, but it's clearly the frizziness of the animal.

I guess nipping in to the enclosure to move that plant stem on the RH side was too much of an ask? :naughty:

The detail on the fur is great and the white whiskers give him/her/they/them a distinguished look. Nice composition too.

Ta ;)

Well - there was a wide deep moat between us - and I actually like the blurry twig balanced by the out of focus background top left. Kinda put the beast in the middle :)

I love everything about that. The look, the sharpness, the colours, the composition and the gentle fall of of focus. The texture of the fur on the head is really strange, as if there's a problem with your sensor, almost moire, but it's clearly the frizziness of the animal.

Thanks - yep he's a frizzy beastie :)

Nice off centre composition and great detail in the face. He/she has such an intelligent expression around the eyes.

Nice off centre composition and great detail in the face. He/she has such an intelligent expression around the eyes.

Thanks Helen - he's definitely a he. The boss of the Troupe!

Week 33 - Clean

Fido keeping the canal towpth clean in Wigan today.

Wigan%20Pier%20canal%20and%20narrowboat%20200821-1-X2.jpg

Lovely looking Dog you have there. I must say he looks quite annoyed about the litter he's having to deal with. Great picture.

Hah. A "cleaner". Would also work for "alcoholic dog" which I believe is next week's theme. Another good standalone image.

That's a great shot... love the way he's looking at the camera - and a very useful pooch to boot!

I like that Dave, a little bit of subtle social commentary (y)

Week 34 : Glass

"Dank Holiday Weekend" beer event at my local craft beer bar. And what an amaaaazing selection of beers too. Had a few :D I don't actually remember leaving - or ordering a curry when I got home. The leftovers were nice for breakfast this morning though haha!

For any beer nerds out there the beer pictured is "I played trumpet on that tune" from Verdant. Fabulous fruity, juicy, cloudy goodness at just 6.5% - the weakest I had I think. Strongest was "Heavy pop" a 12% TIPA from Overtone - Oh my god what a beer!

34%20Glass%201400.jpg

Nice background story Im surprised you remembered to take any pictures.

Nice background story Im surprised you remembered to take any pictures.
Ta ;)

I'm an old hand at this. Take a photo of the first beer then put the camera away :D

Your back story made me laugh! Was so grim you were probably in the best place... even if you have no recollection of it :LOL:

Your back story made me laugh! Was so grim you were probably in the best place... even if you have no recollection of it :LOL:
Thanks - more details are slowly surfacing :D

Week 35 : Snapper's Choice

LNER A3 Class 60103 Flying Scotsman crosses Brooksbottom Viaduct on the East Lancashire Railway - 4th September 2021.

i-xCTz8C5-X2.jpg

Snappers choice
It looks good in black and white. The composition is just right for me.

Nice capture with lovely cloud cover. The steam trail looks a tad over-sharpened but that could be just me :)

Nice capture with lovely cloud cover. The steam trail looks a tad over-sharpened but that could be just me :)

Thanks Helen. It's just you :D

The steam trail looks a tad over-sharpened but that could be just me :)
And me :)

I really like it. The B&W works well to avoid distraction by all the stuff under the bridge.

Really nice image, the sky and the steam work so well, and the mono pp gives it a great feel. Nice job

There's a sense of drama in that, I can almost hear the train.

Back