weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingamabob for 2024 : WEEK 37 : OCCUPATION

Ta - I didn't - but I do have wider shots.

Nice. Difficult not to take a good picture of a proper steam train. Feels slightly too sharp in the processing, or is that just me?

Nice. Difficult not to take a good picture of a proper steam train. Feels slightly too sharp in the processing, or is that just me?
Thanks Alan.

No sharpening applied. Just a great camera and a very sharp lens.

Two comments - an all time low I think.

Maybe I'll shoot the knife & forks in my kitchen drawer this week :ROFLMAO:
Too much summer & outdoor activity distraction methinks. Certainly spending a lot of hours on the golf course in the last few week, which is limiting the time for other things. Quite a few are doing catch-ups I have noticed. I'm still determinedly sticking to the "take it in the week and post it in the week" but that means some of the pictures haven't had the time invested.

Thanks Alan.

No sharpening applied. Just a great camera and a very sharp lens.
That is impressive! I take it all back. I keep toying with an upgrade but one can quickly spend an absolute shed-load in the shop and never sure how much better the outcomes would be for me.

Two comments - an all time low I think.

Maybe I'll shoot the knife & forks in my kitchen drawer this week :ROFLMAO:
Sorry - been away and mind on other things. That's an absolute belter of a shot on the Oystercatcher!

Lovely light and reflections. Looks like a very balmy evening.

Lovely light and reflections. Looks like a very balmy evening.

Thanks Helen. We caught the last of the light by about 30sec!

Week 36 : Tools

On the beach this morning.

i-3Z7JMWw-X2.jpg

Week 37 : Occupational

Artist

1. I liked to inclusion of the paints etc bottom right
i-gXJND6V-X2.jpg

2. Closer shot
i-PXxptmH-X2.jpg

Well spotted ! I like the wider shot for the context, and also her look of concentration. The B&W works for what feels like a dingy courtyard that is being brightened up.

Well spotted ! I like the wider shot for the context, and also her look of concentration. The B&W works for what feels like a dingy courtyard that is being brightened up.
Thanks Alan - that's exactly what it is :)

Good capture, agree with Alan that the widder shot is nicer but I'm glad to have had a better view of what was being drawn. Looking back over the last few themes, really like the train pic but that shot on the escalator has real wow factor, brilliant!

Edit - I do know how to spell "wider" but now @-Oy- quoted me it's too late to change.

Last edited:
Good capture, agree with Alan that the widder shot is nicer but I'm glad to have had a better view of what was being drawn. Looking back over the last few themes, really like the train pic but that shot on the escalator has real wow factor, brilliant!
Ta muchly :)

Back