Panamoz - new or used?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I have received a Sony A7RV from Panamoz - however a few things lead me to believe it’s now new.

No seal on the box

LCD screen with the screen out and not screen side in against the camera

No manual in the box

I know they are grey which I don’t mind and to be fair I am not really fussed about it being used as it’s mint - however I wouldn’t pay full price so waiting to see what they say.

Anyone else experienced this?

Have emailed them - just waiting on a response.

Have a look at the shutter count to see if it's been used, although I don't know how easy it might be to reset it. The fact that it is mirrorless may render my suggestion moot but I'm assuming there is a mechanical shutter in there somewhere that might be counted.

Last edited:
Possibly a customer return, still you shouldn't be paying full price if it is.

Possibly a customer return, still you shouldn't be paying full price if it is.
If it is a customer return, without explanation there is no way of knowing why it was returned and whether it has been registered with Sony and hence an unknown situation should you require service by Sony at some stage in future

PS as a grey market product the above about manufacturers service/warranty is likely academic.

Personally, @theghostie I would not be happy in your shoes about the situation. Best of luck getting a satisfactory resolution from Panamoz

I’ve recently got one from them. Same condition as yours. Totally convinced it’s brand new.
I’ve had loads of gear over the years from them. Always perfect.

Hi All,

Panamoz have replied this morning.

They are offering me a £200 discount which would make it approx £2600 - to be fair the camera is mint.

They have said they open every box to replace two pin leads with UK leads, the manual is in another language and it’s 538 pages so just not possible to print, they have provided a pdf though.

Alternatively they are offering a full return/refund.

I am swaying towards the £200 as I knew it was a grey import on the condition that they let me test it, any further advice?

Regards,

Paul

Last edited:
Just take the £200 and enjoy using your new kit. It is not unusual for grey importers to open up boxes so as to change plugs etc. as they have stated.

Last edited:
If they allow you a decent opportunity to test it, I think it would be ok.

I've bought loads of stuff from Panamoz and never had any issues or used goods.
As they have explained these cameras are destined for other countries so they have to swap cables/chargers.

They give a generous warranty on their cameras too so I'd take the generous £200 offer and enjoy it.

Just take the £200 and enjoy using your new kit. It is not unusual for grey importers to open up boxes so as to change plugs etc. as they have stated.
I've bought loads of stuff from Panamoz and never had any issues or used goods.
As they have explained these cameras are destined for other countries so they have to swap cables/chargers.

They give a generous warranty on their cameras too so I'd take the generous £200 offer and enjoy it.
This. Now get out and use it.

They have said they open every box to replace two pin leads with UK leads, the manual is in another language and it’s 538 pages so just not possible to print, they have provided a pdf though.

Makes sense to replace the manual with a pdf. With regards to the power cords, I've got a good supply of these at home as might most of us so either they could've saved a few more grams on the package weight or keep the original item in there (handy for when you are travelling)...

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice - tested the camera - it’s AMAZING!

Refund has been processed by Panamoz already, I only got chance to test last night and emailed them about 9:30ish to say I was keeping it, woke up at 7:30 to an email saying refund had been processed.

Fantastic service - will leave them a review.

Thanks,

Paul

Back