Peacock Butterfly.

Nicely caught. I know what you mean I spent 40 minutes trying to sneak up on them until I found one that was too busy eating to fly away.

Corker of a shot Dale, lots around my garden too this year so must be a good year for butterflies.

Nicely caught. I know what you mean I spent 40 minutes trying to sneak up on them until I found one that was too busy eating to fly away.

Thank you Geoff. It's a little easier when it cools down too.

Nice work Dale I had 20 on a buddleia bush in the garden yesterday the most I have seen at one time

I had a buddleia at one time, it used to attract loads of butterflies but the bush succumbed one winter and we rarely see butterflies in the garden now. I have a wild bit with nettles that butterflies seem to enjoy when they do turn up. Thanks for the comment. (y)

Corker of a shot Dale, lots around my garden too this year so must be a good year for butterflies.

Thank you.
Lovely shot Dale - plenty around here too, especially on my buddleia!

Russ

Cheers Russ, I must get another buddleia.

I've spent the weekend nursing 9 horsefly bites after my afternoon at this loch, one on my forearm and one on my neck got particularly (worryingly) big. I never even knew I'd been bitten until the following day.

Back