Peaky Blinder - Your Time is up

Nice work.
I think with the title 'Your time is up' if the image could be a little darker/more sinister ;)
Thanks for the comments Gav, the person in the pic is my best friend who is the nicest person you could meet - looking anymore sinister than this would be very tough for him, TBH, we couldn't stop laughing!

Last edited:
Really nice Fraser.

Did you need to adjust the colours at all? I've found Ektar to make all my portrait subjects look sunburned with the over-saturation. You've got lovely natural tones which I've never seen before in Ektar. If you didn't need to tweak, did you scan using the Nikon software, or something else?

Really nice Fraser.

Did you need to adjust the colours at all? I've found Ektar to make all my portrait subjects look sunburned with the over-saturation. You've got lovely natural tones which I've never seen before in Ektar. If you didn't need to tweak, did you scan using the Nikon software, or something else?

Thank you so much for the comments Ian, they really are appreciated!

For some reason the image doesn't appear to be well liked in the film section which is where I thought it might generate more likes?

I was very sceptical about using Ektar for exactly the reasons you give but I had no Portra 160 left!

I needn't have worried in the end of the day; this is almost straight out of the scanner! I use Nikon Scan 4.0.3 which I find much better than Silverfast 9 (Used Silverfast for years with my Epson flatbed 850 Pro.

I use a Coolscan 9000ED with a Stepan Scharf fluid mount holder and I'm loving the results!

This really didn't have much Post processing at all; the colours are as they came out; I used Nik Color effex pro to add a border and a vignette.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions then let me know,

Fras.

Last edited:
Back