Photobox and Cropping: Am I Missing Something?

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just received some prints back from Photobox and they've got borders where I didn't order them. They're a mixture of 6x4, 7x5 and 8x6 but they've all got a definite 4-5mm border. I've double checked my images that I uploaded and they're all the correct ratio (1800x1200 pixels, 2100x1500 pixels & 2400x1800 pixels). As normal I selected the "shrink-to-fit" option which hasn't given me any problems in the past. I contacted Photobox, who said it was my fault for not choosing the option to crop the image, and that selecting shrink-to-fit would create the borders. This is where I'm confused, as surely this is only the case when the size ratio of the image doesn't match that of the print?

As it was, Photobox said that as a gesture of goodwill they would re-do the prints, but I would have to make sure that I selected the Crop option-I did this and as expected the preview print was no different! I just wondered, have I got this wrong or did somebody at Photobox set borders by mistake? I know it's Friday afternoon and my head hurts :bonk:

Usually get a red border showing you where it's going to crop. Can't say I've ever had them come back with a border but they did manage to cut off the edge of a poster print I did that was perfect in the proof section :(

I had an issue with a large print and the preview box - even having made the image the exact right size AND checked it in the preview it came delievered with borders and cropped - very wrong. When I rang up I was told not to trust the preview box showing the crop as it was merely to give an idea, not the actual crop - from then on in I've followed my order with a phone call and asked them to check it on screen their end with what I tried to stipulate in the process...

Back