Photography nightclass - next project!

Edit My Images
No
We've been given our next project, or shall we say homework... :eyesup:

I have to start my research portfolio off by finding pictures that show good composition.. ie applying the rule of thirds etc.

I've looked at the tutorial on the ROF which includes some members photos and I'd like to include them as examples, would this be ok?

...also can any think of anywhere else I can find pictures I could use on the internet?

if you feel any of the images in my gallery on this site, or on the link in my sig fit the bill then feel free to download them and use them.

I can probably provide bigger versions to your e-mail if you need.

gandhi said:
if you feel any of the images in my gallery on this site, or on the link in my sig fit the bill then feel free to download them and use them.

..thats really generous gandhi :thumb:

I'll take a look and drop you a PM!

gandhi said:

DITTO

The pictures used in the "rule of thirds" tutorial were used with the various owners permissions and while I have no issue personally with you using them, the release must come from the people who took them. On saying that a simple Private message to each would probably bring back good news or alternatively you can take up Gandhi or Bachs on their generous offer.

I don't mind you using any of my photos from my gallery here either but I am currently unable to provide any larger versions for printing, that may or may not be an issue?

HTH

Ill add myself to the list if there is anything in my gallery, please feel free to use it :) Or PM me for larger :)

gandhi said:

..I've tried to download one or two but theres no save-as when I right click! :ponders:

Bachs said:

..thanks Bachs, taken a look at your gallery and theres some fantastic shots in there! I've taken a few to use in my project if that's ok :) I'll put the source information in for each picture :D

Steve said:
The pictures used in the "rule of thirds" tutorial were used with the various owners permissions and while I have no issue personally with you using them, the release must come from the people who took them. On saying that a simple Private message to each would probably bring back good news or alternatively you can take up Gandhi or Bachs on their generous offer.

I don't mind you using any of my photos from my gallery here either but I am currently unable to provide any larger versions for printing, that may or may not be an issue?

HTH

..thanks Steve.. I don't really need larger versions for print at this point, as I think the concept that they're looking for is visible in the smaller shots sized for the galleries. :icon_cool

With all the generous offers from the members I could fill an album with pictures! they only asked for ten or twelve! :LOL:

DavidUK said:
..I've tried to download one or two but theres no save-as when I right click! :ponders:

oops, yeah sorry. forgot that I had disabled the 'right-click save photo' option.

The ones on my gallery here should actually be better quality if you still need them. Just go to search my username in Members galleries and you should be able to download them.

gandhi said:
oops, yeah sorry. forgot that I had disabled the 'right-click save photo' option.

The ones on my gallery here should actually be better quality if you still need them. Just go to search my username in Members galleries and you should be able to download them.

..thanks Gandhi! :) .. incidentally might have to learn how to do that when I put a website up of my own!... got the webspace and domain but don't know which web design application to use... so many! :confused-

Mine was done with Jalbum. A java based gellery program. I'm no web-head so it was best for me as it did all the work!

It suffices for what I need, just to show my photo's to my mates and others.

gandhi said:
Mine was done with Jalbum. A java based gellery program. I'm no web-head so it was best for me as it did all the work!

It suffices for what I need, just to show my photo's to my mates and others.

...sounds like it's right up my street! not done very well with Java as yet though, I got the Gallery Remote software to upload my photos to the gallery on here... but it reboots my PC everytime I run it :confused-

Steve said:

HTH

..just looked through the members list to try and contact the members in question and two of them havent been on for months! sent a message to Kenco! least I think it was the right Kenco :ponders:

DavidUK said:
least I think it was the right Kenco :ponders:
There can be only one (Highlander).
Received and replied....use away, no probs mate.

KenCo1964 said:
There can be only one (Highlander).
Received and replied....use away, no probs mate.

..lol only problem is I didn't realise how small they are when u print them lol.. :icon_eek:

Back