photography workshop

Edit My Images
No
Hi, i am not sure if this is the right place but please let me know if i could post here my review for the workshop that was organised by known BNW long exposure photographer . The workshop was 7 days in Iceland and I just want to let other people know so that they were fully aware before paying a lot of money .

Hi Teresa, thanks for being courteous and asking first instead of just posting. The team that administer the site have talked it over, and feel that because we don't know you well here, it would be better not to post a review at this stage. However perhaps you could add that if anyone wanted to talk about your experience then they were welcome to contact you using the personal message system (PM).

Regardless, welcome to Talk Photography. I hope you will find a place in the community here

Having done a few photography workshops/tours, it is noticeable that amongst a diverse group of participants expectations vary wildly.

I did a 'photography holiday' in Madagascar in 2016 with the same leader I have used previously, knowing her modus operandi wasn't expecting a workshop. After all, spending a fortune to get to Madagascar, only to spend time on the tutoring aspects deprives me of photographic opportunities. Others were expecting a full hands on instructions about modes etc etc... Whereas as, in my mind, the leader was good at providing guidance on settings etc - the only complaint I had was that they were more focussed on getting their shots - there was no 'this is what you need to do, point camera here, turn camera on, AF this, metering that, you need to change this setting in the camera....

Having taught a good few workshops, I think I found the guests more or less fell into two groups. Those who wanted to learn about photography, and those who mostly wanted the company and access to places, but were already happy using their cameras.
I think the trick is finding the right workshop for you.

Having taught a good few workshops, I think I found the guests more or less fell into two groups. Those who wanted to learn about photography, and those who mostly wanted the company and access to places, but were already happy using their cameras.
I think the trick is finding the right workshop for you.
The problem was organisation. I went to few workshops and loved it . Felt inspired and learnt a lot . This time I was shocked by lack of information and very bad and actually seriously dangerous organisation of the workshop. It was expensive workshop

The problem was organisation. I went to few workshops and loved it . Felt inspired and learnt a lot . This time I was shocked by lack of information and very bad and actually seriously dangerous organisation of the workshop. It was expensive workshop
Wow. Safety is a big part of it. There should be a risk assessment done before the workshop.
When we did them we had at least 2 trained first aiders (actually a nurse and pararmedic) on our courses or even photowalks ,they were on staff which made it easy.
When your taking people out into say the mountains or coast, thees a very real risk of some kind of accident. Someone falls off a cliff and your going to need a lawyer, good luck if you haven't ticked all the boxes.

Back