Photoshelter deleting images

Name
Chantal
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, and hopefully my final Photoshelter query!

Following on from my previous post, I’ve done the manual slog of copying and pasting the folder / gallery structures for client and public - 710 in total - and adding the image count for each.

I’ve noticed in the past that there are several empty galleries where I have previously uploaded client photos, and photo sets are missing from some recent jobs as well.

I’ll contact PS about this, of course, but I was wondering who else has encountered this and how it was resolved, or not.

I would not have noticed if I wasn’t doing this migration work! I’ve relied on PS for over a decade as a repository for storing my archive, so this image loss is very disturbing.

I don't trust any on line picture storage althoughI it is useful. i put everything on a couple of external SD drives and also a couple of extra intrnl drives as well

I don't trust any on line picture storage althoughI it is useful. i put everything on a couple of external SD drives and also a couple of extra intrnl drives as well
I wouldn't rely on either, you need both...

Don't copy and paste - Doing so is a disaster waiting to happen.

When you copy and paste you include the location data/links etc. so when you delete the content from Photoshelter, or if they have some kind of block/anti leach measure in place, it will remove them from the location you have pasted them to.

Not what you want to hear I am sure but the best way to move from Photoshelter is to download what you wish to keep, recreate your website/galleries the best you can with WordPress, and then manually reupload images etc.

Many apologies - I’m down south, looking after my mother who has Covid, I don’t get much online time.

The only copying and pasting was literally of the gallery structure, as you would with any text on a web page. I pasted it into Excel, and organised the hierarchies accordingly, followed by image count.

So I guess that this is not typical PS practice?

Back