Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham - you didn't double post at 16:53 !!!

What did you do ?

Looks like you're cured :D

Stopped of at Crook O'Lune on the way home(bit of a diversion but fed up and needed a change of scenery)

HDR shot(7 frames -2 to +2) with gentle tweaking.

Zoidberg - looks beautiful on my laptop screen !

Excellent shot :D

Cheers. Wanted to get a nice blue sky.
I really need to sort some filters out, a CPL, xStop ND and possibly an IR filter. Gonna need a remote release as well. Wish i'd never sold my Manfrotto tripod now, but it weighed a ton and last thing i want is excess weight to lug about.

Are there any step up rings that wont foul the 20mm?

Here's the same shot taken from 3 years ago on a crisp February afternoon with my D80

Last edited:
I bought a cheap remote release for my G1 on ebay... £4.99 delivered (from Hong Kong).

Works a treat.

Jessops were doing 'buy one, get one half price' on filters a week or so back. Picked up a UV and CPL (52mm) for £38.

I bought a cheap remote release for my G1 on ebay... £4.99 delivered (from Hong Kong).

Works a treat.

Jessops were doing 'buy one, get one half price' on filters a week or so back. Picked up a UV and CPL (52mm) for £38.

Playing with the G1, sorted the destuction book out, very happy, Hazel is looking forward to having a go.

Filters, I'm going to need some . . . 52mm, I wonder . . . 20 years of hording, that long ago, 52 was a standards size:thinking:

Bingo, found a UV, a Sky1A, and a Circular Polarizer, saved myself a few quid there . . . :LOL: I know, Sky filters are 'old hat' these days, but I'm an old fart and like what a 'Sky1A' does . . . :bonk:

CJS

Well done young Cliff, I hope you are going to let Hazel play with HER G1 soon.

But I'm an old fart and like what a 'Sky1A' does . . . well they do say many a true word said in jest mate.:clap:

More 50mm 1.4 action

Sorry about the cheesy watermark - thinking about trying to flog a few pics and discovered some of my friends have been nicking them and printing them out. :)

P1120010-1.jpg

Oh and er... - ISO1600 doesn't look too shabby imo (bit of NR in LR)

P1120004.jpg

Last edited:
Todays pic. 10 mins walk get away from the office and into the nice quiet countryside. Heard Woodpeckers while walking round the lanes last year.

Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 20 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Metering Mode: Spot

Having a play with the different metering modes now.

Like the colour on this, which lens?

The good old 20mm, plus a tripod and yet more subtle HDR. Just wish the Bracketing would do more than -2 to +2 with out having to resort to doing it by hand. Wonder if they would patch it in the firm ware to possibly go -3 to +3

Nice pics Robb - the last one at Sunderland Point?

This is next to the lifeboat station in Morecambe.
Saying that, havent been to sunderlands point in years. Last time i went will be about 24 years ago, possibly longer. Guess a visit may in order at some point.

Did you get his number? paying homage(sp) to the time keepers at the TT.

I was on start duties, setting the riders off. Had a bit of time after the last of the 10 milers had set off.
12 1/2 laps of the circuit for 10 miles. Dead calm night and nice and warm.

Was my sport for some years until in one year I got taken off the road by a non stop motorist and left for dead in the road side, some months later started training again and a front wheel quick release spindle broke and I finished up under a big red bus .....gave up cycling figured the third one would get me !....my nephew still has my old frame an "Ephgrave" cost me £18around 3 weeks wages in those days late 40's

A very quick shot last night....no time for anything...3 cheers for GF1 + 20mm

An enjoyable slide show, what a versatile camera this GF1 is.

Bet you found it quite lightweight to carry around too.

Thanks, yep, the best bit of owning the camera is not having a ton of stuff to lug round, I actually felt I was on holiday and not killing myself with the weight of my previous kit.

Lovely pics Glenn and oldboy your family pic is really nice too.

Really want to take my GF1 travelling to some interesting places.

Me too Grum, had hoped to go up to the Highlands as usual to see my sister, and take some stunning views etc.....BUT las my partners health will not allow it, unless I can get her looked after I have no chance

Old boy linked to a cheap one a few pages back I think.

I've got a wireless 'cactus' one but it was about £30 I think. I also have a cheaper one which will do timelapse which I got off ebay.

Will sort something out this weekend.
Need a release for tripod work.
Found some HDR software that supports GF1 raw files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back