Pinhole camera

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
Yes
Not a great pic but still amazes me what you can do without a fancy pants lens in front of your film!!

Scan-101204-0002.jpg

The camera is just a clip together plastic job and the pin hole a 0.2mm hole drilled in a piece of 1thou" copper shim stock. I reckon that about f139 and the exposure was 2.5 elephants onto some rollei retro 100!

anyone else play with pinhole stuff?

I keep meaning to buy a spare body cap for just that reason..... Is that a scanned and inverted neg or positive paper?

scanned 35mm neg, scanner inverts it.

I keep meaning to buy a 120 body to give me bigger negs and try and sort a smaller pin hole, I reckon I could etch a 0.1mm hole in the copper with ferric chloride, exposure times would start getting very long though.

I don't fancy your chances etching that accurately, even if you print it before you etch it. I reckon drilling it would be better.

0.1mm drills are pricey and hard to come by. I think I'll stick with the making the neg bigger or just load up with paper and scan and make a digital neg of it.

it's a Holga 120WPC - top two were with the 6x9 mask, bottom with the 6x12. Pinhole is 0.3mm (f/135) and apart from the addition of a 52-77mm step up ring fitted to allow mounting of filters, it's bog-standard. Didn't even have any light-leaks :eek: I needed to go to 77mm for the filter size, as anything smaller just Vignetted horribly :geek:

Holga WPC120 Pinhole Camera by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Gawd, that light house is.....evocative

thks for the Christmas card btw...:LOL:

scanned 35mm neg, scanner inverts it.

I keep meaning to buy a 120 body to give me bigger negs and try and sort a smaller pin hole, I reckon I could etch a 0.1mm hole in the copper with ferric chloride, exposure times would start getting very long though.

As you may know there is an optimal pin hole size based on the distance from the focal plane to the pin hole (focal length) and for a typical FF camera, mount to focal plane is around 50mm. This would equate to a pin hole of 0.32mm, so you may be too small as it is.

Back