Polaroid Impulse AF

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
On a complete whim, I placed a bid for one of these cameras on eBay and ended up winning it for £11.50. Should be on the way any day now!

The big cost came when finding out how much the film is... but I managed to track down a bargain at my local ASDA - 40 exposures (2 x twin packs) for £32. I guess I'll have to use them carefully as I've heard this film is now no longer being produced... I think the word stock-piling comes to mind.

Anyway, though I might share the good news - here a picture of what this 80's retro monster looks like :)

52a7_1.JPG

It reminds me of an Atari video games console I used to have at the age of eight ;)

Nice, retro, will be Nice to play about with(y)

Fuji still make the film, or someone will take over manufacturing.
If you really want to be sure that film will continue to be available for polaroid instant cameras.....you need to move up a step.

"20X24 Holdings LLC, will support only the Polaroid 20x24, which produces images two feet high and 20 inches wide. Polaroid introduced the model in the late 1970s as a glamour product."

source

elsa-w-picture-and-camera.jpg

camera-inside.jpg

So it looks like polaroid film will still be manufactured, but only for the 20x24..:eek:

Hmm, looks like fun, though may be a tad bulky to take along on family picnics on the seaside. :LOL:

Wonder how much she charges for a studio session?

Thats Elsa Dorfman...portrait photographer

from her page-

My fee for a framed portrait of a family is $2500 in my Cambridge studio; $3000 plus sales tax and shipping in NYC. Portraits of pets, which I take with trainer Kathy deNatale, are $2850. I make two exposures and the client chooses one of them. The second print, is $2300.

god knows how much the film costs...

Impulse AF arrived today - mint condition and works perfectly - here's a test shot I did when I came home...

Thats Elsa Dorfman...portrait photographer

from her page-

My fee for a framed portrait of a family is $2500 in my Cambridge studio; $3000 plus sales tax and shipping in NYC. Portraits of pets, which I take with trainer Kathy deNatale, are $2850. I make two exposures and the client chooses one of them. The second print, is $2300.

god knows how much the film costs...

Not a huge amount, check out this link. It's using a bigger camera and the film is only $300 for each exposure.

http://www.joemcnally.com/blog/2008/07/08/welcome-adorama/

Back