Praktica repair info wanted

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm after a source of repair manual/parts /etc for Practika SLRs. Preferably free:D

Anyone got a linky thingy?

might be able to help, I have a word document on my laptop with loads of praktica links to help my out with mine! can't get on it till later but will have a look. what praktica model do you posses that needs repairing?

the 2 most common problems (apparently) are with the film advance. One being that it gets jammed, and the other that the film doesn't get wound on the correct length, so that sometimes, there can be a large gap between 2 frames, and then no gap between the next two.

someone also said that shutters get issues, but I (stupidly) poked at my MTL's sshutters and lifted them up etc with my greasy fingers when I first got the camera (thats before I started learning about 'tography) still works fine, no times off or anything!

anyway, I now have to go and knock on wood just to make sure nothing happens to my darling praktica!

That would be great if you are happy to share.

Not sure which models - I had an ebay moment and I'm now awaiting the arrival of a box of 9 Practika and 1 contax slrs described as 'spares or repair'.

But for £20 inc delivery I sort of assumed that I should be able to fix a couple of them....

Failing that £2 each for spares sounds easy enough. focus screens have to be worth something at the very least. Although I would rather have a play at mending them. I've seen comments on winding on and shutter mechanism from a quick google, but I hoped that someone might have some 'proper' repair info.

I am afraid that I am going to disapoint!

The info I had about prakticas is on the hard drive of the PC thats just died on me! am trying to get the problem solved but will take a few days/weeks :eek:!

don't mind me. I have to take my tablets in a minute.

Back