Problem with Scanning or Developmebt

Name
John Starke
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve been developing primarily black and white film and rarely go into developing color. But I’ve noticed the last few color batches have not gone well. I originally thought it was probably in development. But I’m wondering if my problem is in the scanning.

I keep temperatures and times correct in development. Attached are some scans. Anybody have some idea if it might be in my development or in my scanning?

I scan with my digital camera, using negative lab pro. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• _DSF9943.jpg
    _DSF9943.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 25
  • _DSF9921.jpg
    _DSF9921.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 25
  • _DSF9916.jpg
    _DSF9916.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 25
I’ve been developing primarily black and white film and rarely go into developing color. But I’ve noticed the last few color batches have not gone well. I originally thought it was probably in development. But I’m wondering if my problem is in the scanning.

I keep temperatures and times correct in development. Attached are some scans. Anybody have some idea if it might be in my development or in my scanning?

I scan with my digital camera, using negative lab pro. Any help would be great.
Quick up date, I wonder if I’m doing something wrong with white balance either within camera or in Lightroom. Because attached is a screenshot. One on the left is from my digital camera. The one on the right is my iPhone which looks more normal.

Attachments

• PNG image.jpeg
    PNG image.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 18
Surely white balance wouldn't explain the weird colour difference across the frame, quite yellowish in a central band? That said, the difference with the iPhone scan is hard to explain (until seeing that I was going fo faulty light source!).

Surely white balance wouldn't explain the weird colour difference across the frame, quite yellowish in a central band? That said, the difference with the iPhone scan is hard to explain (until seeing that I was going fo faulty light source!).
I did use a different back light for the iPhone. You think that might be it?

I did use a different back light for the iPhone. You think that might be it?
A problematic light source is the only explanation that makes sense to me, even more so now you say you changed it!

Makes sense to me, the iPhone image shows no banding which suggests that the problem is not with the negative but with the scanning.

Back