Processing 5x4 in a Paterson System 4 Tank

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Had looked at doing this a few times and thought ah **** it tonight and processed some fomapan from a shoot i did locally(and can do again easily)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/largeformat/discuss/72157594305554218/

Works pretty wellfor me, negs look good, just don't have film scanner at home :( so kinda need to wait til i get back to college to scan.

worth thinking about though seeing as the price of paterson orbitals are double what they were last year.

That works fine until the sheet shifts during processing and you end up with a nice undeveloped line straight through the middle of your negative

I balked at the price of the orbital as well but it really is worth it in the long run. I don't fancy messing up my scotland negs just to save a few quid

I looked at making a massive spiral to fit the negs in properly but gave up as too hard, but I reckon it is possible if you persevere

yeah although issues can happen with any, i used to use the HP Combiplan tank when at college and (maybe my over zelous agitation) i had some escapefrom the holder in that too :(

will be getting an orbital just the summer isn't a good time for me spending money:(

maybe my over zelous agitation i had some escapefrom the holder in that too

WOW !!! That must have been some agitation.
Did you use the little orange clip on top?
Never had an escape on mine. Only did B/W mind you.
Used to use a processor in Middlesborough for colour.
Brilliant tank I thought.
C

Never had any problems with the taco method myself, unless you count the first one I did where i didnt put enough dev in the tank. but that was my fault for not working it out properly first :)

maybe my over zelous agitation i had some escapefrom the holder in that too

WOW !!! That must have been some agitation.
Did you use the little orange clip on top?
Never had an escape on mine. Only did B/W mind you.
Used to use a processor in Middlesborough for colour.
Brilliant tank I thought.
C

lol yeah clip was in place - although it was on the firstcouple of times i usedit so might not have been totally secure

Never had any problems with the taco method myself, unless you count the first one I did where i didnt put enough dev in the tank. but that was my fault for not working it out properly first :)

lol yeah i checked that first before i did anything else :)

I've had a couple of negs slip out of position resulting in a nice underdeveloped line. Happened only once though. I think it was probably carelessness at the time, as I've been more careful since and it hasn't happened again.

in the tank i have which is the one that takes 2 35mm rolls, the lid seemstokeep themin place pretty well and i always tap the bottom when agitating

in the tank i have which is the one that takes 2 35mm rolls, the lid seemstokeep themin place pretty well and i always tap the bottom when agitating

Ah, do you do it in a darkroom? I'm using the tank because I need to be able to dev in daylight.

If I was in a darkroom I'd use trays.

I would guess ifotou means the funnel instead of lid. TBH i would probably call it the lid too if i wasn't thinking about it

Are you talking about a Paterson 35mm tank or the HP Combi ?

I see there are two Orbital processors on Ebay fo about £45 at the moment.

C

Are you talking about a Paterson 35mm tank or the HP Combi ?

I see there are two Orbital processors on Ebay fo about £45 at the moment.

C

currently chatting about a paterson 35mm tank.

yeah i noticed, a few months back they were going for under £25 :( both of those outwith my poor student means at the moment though :(

I use a jessops 2x35mm tank. Just deep enough to hold the negs in place and the back of the funnel is flat, so as long as you put enough chems in to fill to the top you will be fine. 1litre exactly in my case. handy for calculating dilutions if not a bit pricey unless you use super dilute dev.

I use a jessops 2x35mm tank. Just deep enough to hold the negs in place and the back of the funnel is flat, so as long as you put enough chems in to fill to the top you will be fine. 1litre exactly in my case. handy for calculating dilutions if not a bit pricey unless you use super dilute dev.

Lucky for me i got a batch load of dev so using large quantities isn't an issue and i'm used to the volume as the combiplan takes 1ltr too

Back