PS 2025 Remove Tool Trial

Amazon have deals on LR at least 2-3 times a year where you buy 12 months worth of subs for around £70. You add the code to your Adobe account and your monthly subs with Adobe are paused.
I understand, just never seen the auto subscription option. Like who's gonna purchase the more expensive?

I never understand this logic.

Some spend thousands on the "best" lenses and refuse to spend a tenner a month on the subscription.

It's basically rental so they also must baulk at PCP for cars and never stay in hotel rooms.
My grumble has always been Adobe made a statement when they first moved to the subscription model for Photoshop/Lightroom that they'd keep a standalone version of amateur photographers etc. I don't mind paying it as they keep refreshing the technology, but the advent of numerous subscriptions for things I don't use every day is death by a thousand cuts for my bank account...

Anyway, this wasn't about subscriptons. I have been using the new AI clone tool in lightroom to remove dust spots, a few small objects that ruin the picture etc and found it to be excellent.

Last edited:
How good is the Elements version, anyone tried that?

I understand, just never seen the auto subscription option. Like who's gonna purchase the more expensive?

Is auto renewal a recent option? I have only bought the one year special offers.

The auto renewal option is only for people that do not already have a subscription.
Your first year is £67.99 which then renews at £118.79/year.

From the Amazon product page

Auto renew subscription cannot be combined / used to extend with existing Adobe subscriptions or prepaid services.

Last edited:
The auto renewal option is only for people that do not already have a subscription.
Your first year is £67.99 which then renews at £118.79/year.

From the Amazon product page

Auto renew subscription cannot be combined / used to extend with existing Adobe subscriptions or prepaid services.
That's the info I need. So basically no good for me at the moment. Thanks

The software is making stuff up there, isn't it? I've seen something similar in Lightroom and it doesn't always get it right.
The PS version of the remove tool works better than the LR imo. The software is "making stuff up" in the same way that the clone stamp, healing brush etc but in a very advanced way. It's certainly impressive

You've got to wonder where photography is headed, haven't you?
These are scary times indeed to be a freelancer creative.

I watched Adobe max and while the direction is all towards ai, the general approach seems to be improving at least as far as Adobe is concerned. There is the new authenticity tool starting to appear even in places like lightroom export dialogue, so that going to hopefully make it harder for entities to blatantly steal work, and also reveal ai based fakes. I have some hopes on this.
Secondly the AI advances seem to be geared towards much more controlled work such as select sky, face or clone out a cable saving you time and allowing to complete more work in the same time. I'm generally not too happy with free for all generation of all new images, but I appreciate this can be helpful for ideation, or illustration of some unreal stuff like images of space cats or alien planets

Back