RAF Mildenhall Tornado

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I stopped off at RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall a while back on my way down to the british GP. Didn't find a good spot for photos at Lakenheath but Mildenhall was great!

Tornado coming in to land.

5001241269_fc621c4268_b.jpg

They're not particularly clean...

5001843078_51293c3c7b_b.jpg

I wonder how many of the younger readers will know what a "choke" is ?
Ask yer Dads, kids.

I'm not sure I would have stood right underneath that! You must have got a blast of heat off the engines?

Thank you for the comments so far!

The Tornado was definitely a diesel, it had one of those reminder stickers on the tanks :LOL:

I'm not sure I would have stood right underneath that! You must have got a blast of heat off the engines?

:LOL: Not at all :) The only time I have ever felt heat from Aircraft is when I've been stood at the boundary fence at NCL airport for a take-off (y)

I once stood on the boundary fence of RAF Coningsby taking photos of the Typhoons coming and going. I couldn't bring myself to stand under the planes on approach - it was too scary! It looks and feels like they will land on your head!

I stopped off at RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall a while back on my way down to the british GP. Didn't find a good spot for photos at Lakenheath but Mildenhall was great!

Tornado coming in to land.

5001241269_fc621c4268_b.jpg

They're not particularly clean...

5001843078_51293c3c7b_b.jpg

Awesome photo's (y) the Tornado has to be my favourite Military plane (y)(y)(y)

Cracking shots! Lovely aggresive looking aircraft. One of my favourites. (y) ;)

Kev.

:LOL: Not at all :) The only time I have ever felt heat from Aircraft is when I've been stood at the boundary fence at NCL airport for a take-off (y)

No 1 is a great shot

I once stood about 20m behind a Spitfire as he was getting ready to take off, I was about 15 thinking I was going to get a fantastic shot, he pushed the throttle forward and I landed on my arse with a shot of the sky thrown in, by the time I got up he was 1/2 a mile away

It can be dangerous at times. I know of someone getting blown over at Coningsby as the Typhoon came in to land and then put both reheats on. Also it's not uncommon for the boundry fence to be blown down. If you ever go over to Coningsby, look to the right from the viewing car park. Nice new section of timber fence.

Kev.

Really nice shots. I know what you mean about the blow from the jets. We were watching planes in and out of lanzarote airport the other day and were really amazed about how strong they blew back at us!

Back