Raptor

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Been a crazy 36 hours. I need to go to bed, but this shot from RIAT caught my eye. This is one seriously amazing aircraft. It can do things that just shouldn't be able to be done. :eek:
Anyway. Here you go:

DSC_6995b.jpg

Kev.

Nicely tied shot, Kev, of an awesome aircraft.

This is one seriously amazing aircraft. It can do things that just shouldn't be able to be done.

amazing wasnt it, like the pic

Fantastic photo, the plane almost looks like its popping off the screen well done mate.

Good pic.

I just watch the display from RIAT on you tube, unbelievable.

A great picture of the ugliest plane since.........the last ugliest plane.

There's a halo around the plane and the background muddy... is it HDR or just sharpened quite a lot?

Cracking picture of an unbelievable aircraft. Great capture of the exhaust / wake as well. It does look a little oversharpened to me though.

I'll hopefully be seeing it fly at Farnborough this week, and am going to try to force myself to watch it fly rather than just trying to take photos of it (not that I'd get any as good as this anyway).

Thanks for the comments. I used the 200-400mm for this shot. It's weird that I can't see a halo on my laptop though.
I do now have to wear reading glasses though (age!) and maybe I need to have my eyes rechecked. :LOL: I don't think this one was sharpened much, but I might try another version from the original.
I think I'll try and see if I can load it onto a desktop screen and see if it's more noticable to me then.

Kev.

Last edited:
Best way to spot a halo is to step back from the screen a few paces and view from afar. I can't see one. But the whiter cloud behind the nearer tail fin and the nose may give the impression of a halo. It's still an ugly pig.

it has no wheels! - I guess then one of the things it does, that it shouldn't be able to do is land and take off!

Cracking pic.............. am interested though as to what it does do that it shouldn't be able to do.......

it has no wheels! - I guess then one of the things it does, that it shouldn't be able to do is land and take off!

Cracking pic.............. am interested though as to what it does do that it shouldn't be able to do.......

How about fall vertically in a controlled manner backwards and then just sit there! :eek: As the commentator said, "we will be showing you SOME of its capabilities".
Lots of vids on youtube. (y)

F22

Stuff the horizon ............ look at the Raptor its just......AWESOME, Great shot as usual mate

Back