Recomendations for a compact camera

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I wonder if you guys can recommend a good compact camera, (point and shoot), that has full manual settings also.

It's for a good friend of mine that was going to buy a DSLR at the same time as me, (just before Christmas), as we wanted to learn photography at the same time. Unfortunately his circumstances have changed and he is no longer able to go down the DSLR route.

He wants to be able to learn about how aperture and shutter speed affect the photo so full manual mode is a must.

I have assured him shear pixel quantity is not necessarily the ultimate sign of image quality as he was purely looking for the highest Mpixels for his money, but as a result he has asked me to find him some examples of what I think is a good compact.

Unfortunately I have never been into compacts so I have not got a clue!

He said he wants to spend around £200 but if i know him if it is worth it he will budge but £300 would probably be the max he would be able to spend.

What do you think. :D

Nikon P60, it was £200rrp now about £80 has Manual mode but only f3.6 & f8.5 apertures and has big shutter speed range, ISO2000 8.1mp 5x zoom Vibration Reduction, loads of scene modes, D lighting etc etc

Great little camera !

What about a compact DSLR? I got my e-420 for £240.00 just before Christmas and I'm sure there are deals to be had?

The G9 is looking promising.. as for the e-420 the price is very tight but I will run it past him!

Thanks guys anyone else got any ideas

The G9 is looking promising.. as for the e-420 the price is very tight but I will run it past him!

Thanks guys anyone else got any ideas
Don't forget the Fuji Bridge camera's some excellent deals around on them and lots have full manual feature
Brian

Is Fujifilm F200EXR be a good camera?
If not, F100fd can be good too although no full manual control

Panasonic Lumix TZ7
More than happy with mine(y)

Back