see the antennas nor the mouthpieces
of the black thing in the 3rd take! :cool:

Impressive details and DoF.
A somewhat yellowish rendition but
otherwise crispy and clean.

Clever use of paper towel but I can't
see the antennas nor the mouthpieces
of the black thing in the 3rd take! :cool:

Thanks lol regards #3 Amazing what you can achieve with a reversed 50mm lens and a set of tubes.(y)

Nice images, Mark. I presume you set the aperture on the lens before reversing, if so, which setting did you use?

What aperture did you set the 50mm at?

Reversing lenses are amazing but with higher magnifications you will start to see more and more CA issues. Still a nice set

Nice images, Mark. I presume you set the aperture on the lens before reversing, if so, which setting did you use?
What aperture did you set the 50mm at?

Reversing lenses are amazing but with higher magnifications you will start to see more and more CA issues. Still a nice set

Thanks guys, These were done at F11 and are around 2.35-1 you just have to set your aperture with the lens mounted correctly and press and hold the dof preview button whilst removing from the cam.

and are around 2.35-1

These are not 2.35-1 that would be portrait style. The setup may give you up to that magnification.

What focal length did you use and focus range?

EDIT: Ignore focal length though the OP was using a 18-55 cause I am a plum.

Last edited:
you just have to set your aperture with the lens mounted correctly and press and hold the dof preview button whilst removing from the cam.
I was wondering how you got the lens to stay at a small aperture. Great tip. Thanks.
I love the detail and texture in the pictures fantastic.

65mm tubes and a 50mm prime can not remember focal range but it was very close.

Cool... welcome to the forum look forward to seeing more from you.

Suggest you check out macro rig sticky. And ignore the CA issue believe thats on the 18-55 which for some thought you had used, not overly used a reversed a 50mm so can't really say about CA.

Nice. Lots of DoF. F11 at 2.35:1 would be an effective aperture of around F37. Did you sharpen a lot to compensate for diffraction, or are they still a bit soft do you think?

Thanks Nick, Yes i did have to sharpen a bit not a massive amount though, I feel they are sharp enough where they need to be (y) These were my first attempts at the lens reversal technique.

Back