Rhingia campestris

Very nice Mark.

Very nice - you should record this - it is meant to be declining.
Where are you? I hope Southern England as seeing it there would be wonderful.

Very nice - you should record this - it is meant to be declining.
Where are you? I hope Southern England as seeing it there would be wonderful.
Thanks David. Ah, well I used to record them via the UK Hoverfly facebook page, but I now live in S. France and they seem to be a bit 'frequent' around us ( at the moment ! )

Thanks David. Ah, well I used to record them via the UK Hoverfly facebook page, but I now live in S. France and they seem to be a bit 'frequent' around us ( at the moment ! )
Inaturalist records for everywhere in the world - so you can still put records there and if there is a French scheme it will be used. I thought that the theory was Rhiniga was going to be harmed by hotter summers - so how does do well in Southern France?

Inaturalist records for everywhere in the world - so you can still put records there and if there is a French scheme it will be used. I thought that the theory was Rhiniga was going to be harmed by hotter summers - so how does do well in Southern France?
not sure to be honest I was not aware it was threatened in decline in UK. There are national databases here to record them, INPN etc but also local department schemes. I often do record the orchids and butterflies as well as other insects.

Back