River Ythan and Collieston at Twilight

Places I know well. Nice colours too. Last is my fav but I'd have been tempted to leave in the whole of the end of the pier in shot at the bottom right.

I once saw a guy fall off his motor bike on the pier. Oh how we laughed:D:D

Thers a little softness in the last one, but its the best exposure wise.

1 and 2 are a little under and I am not a fan of Panormas as you can see the distortions etc and there is an odd curve to the horizon in two.

Threes good though

Thers a little softness in the last one, but its the best exposure wise.

1 and 2 are a little under and I am not a fan of Panormas as you can see the distortions etc and there is an odd curve to the horizon in two.

Threes good though

They are intentionally "underexposed", although I would say it was exposed properly as It was dark at the time I like to show the scene for what it was at the time. The panorama is on a curve on the river so that's why the horizon looks bit wobbly.

I would've liked to have a bit more of the right hand side of the pier in but unfortunately there was a bunch of people hanging around about a Van and I was in a bit of a hurry! I don't see how it is soft though, may be the auto re-sizing here causing it but it looks fine to me.

I think the first is a lovely shot, a nice range of tones and has bags of atmosphere.
I'd be tempted to crop a touch from the top, and crop the bottom to where the water on the right ends.

I think the first is a lovely shot, a nice range of tones and has bags of atmosphere.
I'd be tempted to crop a touch from the top, and crop the bottom to where the water on the right ends.

I may do that, I was torn between a 5:4 crop and a 12:6 one due to the amount of sky on show. I'll try a 12:6 crop and see if it sits any better.

Back