Sandwich terns, Cemlyn Bay

Edit My Images
Yes
A few from a day at Cemlyn Bay on Friday.

Weather was dull, bright, sunny with the odd shower :)

D500, 500pf, exif below

As with all my threads, critique always welcome, thanks

1/2000, f5.6, ISO500

Sandwich tern 2.jpg

1/3200, f7.1, ISO 640

Sandwich tern 5 - Copy.jpg

1/3200, f8, ISO 500

Sandwich tern 4 - Copy.jpg

1/2000, f5.6, ISO500

Sandwich Tern 1.jpg

1/2500, f5.6, ISO 500

Sandwich tern 3.jpg

Cool set Phil, 2+4 would be my pick but all are cracking captures.

Thanks Dale

All excellent. A great place for bird photography!

Thanks Jerry, apparently there was a Med gull in and among the 1000's of birds but the saying 'needle in a haystack' sprung to mind :)

Thanks Dale

Thanks Jerry, apparently there was a Med gull in and among the 1000's of birds but the saying 'needle in a haystack' sprung to mind :)

Yes, I think they have nested there in the past. The real needle in a haystack would be a roseate tern, which I think I have seen and photographed there, maybe 2 years ago.

Yes, I think they have nested there in the past. The real needle in a haystack would be a roseate tern, which I think I have seen and photographed there, maybe 2 years ago.

I believe we saw one there a couple of year ago, had it pointed out but no photos unfortunately

There's a Roseate further up the mainland coast I believe, saw a post on FB but got distracted by a coffee spilling cat so can't remember the details....Very nice set.

Thanks Tara

Number 3 all day long for me pal. Best combo of flight angle, head angle, and BG with the added fish bonus

Mike

Thanks Mike, I've warmed more to the 4th for the background but unfortunately didn't get a shot with one with a fish in that particular spot.

Back