Scammy McScamface?

Name
Chantal
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve seen a Canon R6ii advertised for £750 on another site; it seems to be in very good condition, so I’m wondering if this is a scam - the seller says it’s for a quick sale.

The journey down would be around eight hours and cost a lot, and I’ve been scammed before and definitely don’t have the money to spare.

The camera looks to be in excellent condition from the photos of it, and the listing says “Cosmetic condition is perfect in the work also without any nuances. Camera in use for one year (mileage approximate 40-50 thousand). Full set with box, charger, strap, original battery.”

Should I pass on it?

Compared with other prices for a used R6ii this is substantially lower. The lowest shown on a comparison site is £1700, which would suggest this is too good to be true.

You could call their bluff and offer to drive down...if it's a scam they might suddenly disappear. But either way if it sounds...

You could call their bluff and offer to drive down...if it's a scam they might suddenly disappear. But either way if it sounds...
Heh, that’s what happened last time, in 2013; a D800 was advertised on Gumtree for £1000, I said I’d travel down, he then said he’d travel to London for some Xmas shopping and would bring it with him - and then said he’s an undercover cop and had been called into work so he’d post it to me if I paid in full.

Bah.

Thank you so much @Brentor, @lindsay and @DemiLion for the reality check; I checked the ad again, he’s using stock photos, and may be trying to rip people off by actually just selling an R6.

I guess I should stick to my plan of grey imports… and hope for £750 of extra shoots to cover the cost of a grey…

Back