scanning with epson v750 pro.

Name
Edward Fury
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

Just this week have i got mine, and the scanning has began. Just finding it a little difficult to get the scans to match my slides.

has anyone got any tips on how they get the best from this scanner, and to get my files looking near enough right straight from scanner? I want to cut down the time sat behind the computer and focus on being out there shooting!

many thanks,

edd

Hi there,

Just this week have i got mine, and the scanning has began. Just finding it a little difficult to get the scans to match my slides.

has anyone got any tips on how they get the best from this scanner, and to get my files looking near enough right straight from scanner? I want to cut down the time sat behind the computer and focus on being out there shooting!

many thanks,

edd

Well I have the V700, but assuming you're not using the glass pate (which I don't have) I'd suggest starting out with the Epson software in Pro Mode rather than the other expensive software you no doubt got with your V750.

You have the same neg carriers as the V700. I thought my scans were sharp until I set the carrier height adjustment to the '+' setting - makes a huge difference.

Try ticking the box for colour correction in the Epson software - it produces a pretty good result. I'm finding my scans need little or no processing, so I'm chuffed with the results, but that's shooting film - I think you'll always struggle to match the vibrance of a slide with a scanned image.

Well I have the V700, but assuming you're not using the glass pate (which I don't have) I'd suggest starting out with the Epson software in Pro Mode rather than the other expensive software you no doubt got with your V750.

You have the same neg carriers as the V700. I thought my scans were sharp until I set the carrier height adjustment to the '+' setting - makes a huge difference.

Try ticking the box for colour correction in the Epson software - it produces a pretty good result. I'm finding my scans need little or no processing, so I'm chuffed with the results, but that's shooting film - I think you'll always struggle to match the vibrance of a slide with a scanned image.

hmmm, no im not using the glass plate, simply because I couldnt find one. Should I have something like this? Would that exclude the need for the film holders?
With the holders I imagine that the '+' setting is with the little plastic piece is in there desired holes?
I have tried the colour correction, but i didnt feel that it got close to my slides, in fact it was further off than before. I think its just going to take a bit of getting used to maybe and finding what combination of things gives the best results.

hmmm, no im not using the glass plate, simply because I couldnt find one. Should I have something like this? Would that exclude the need for the film holders?

The V750 should be shipped with a glass plate which is meant to be used in conjunction with a special fluid which gives a better contact with the glass and negative. The fluid isn't supplied and has to be sourced separately. It's all a bit too fussy and sounds a bit messy to me although the very discerning will see a slight difference in sharpness. You can buy the plate separately I believe, but if you've bought the V750 you should get the glass plate. The only thing to watch is prices seem to be varying a bit and no doubt some of the cheaper options are omitting the very expensive additional scanning software and possibly the glass plate.

The glass plate is additional to the film holders - not a replacement.

With the holders I imagine that the '+' setting is with the little plastic piece is in there desired holes?

Yep - they just pop out, so do that and turn them around to the '+' position.

I have tried the colour correction, but i didnt feel that it got close to my slides, in fact it was further off than before. I think its just going to take a bit of getting used to maybe and finding what combination of things gives the best results.

It worked great for me, but that was shooting well out of date film with a green cast. I think there's going to be a learning curve with the software settings for sure. :)

thanks CT,

got the scanner humming away now and getting some better results

Back