Settle > Carlisle

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
in the last few years I became interested in the Settle > Carlilse railway Line after seeing some great images on here 'swiss Toni' being one that inspired me to get and have a go

well I love it up there in the wilds with fantastic scenery and minus my pet hate with rail pictures - Pylons - for the electric trains I hate them in pictures hence my liking the settle line so much
anyway I have been up there about 8 times in the last 2 years and thought I would show some of my images that I got

501013505_jrBHJ-XL.jpg

467163021_gtv7b-XL.jpg

469889593_P9N42-XL.jpg

501014156_oeuba-XL.jpg

538589336_o2AHz-XL.jpg

673371654_4NUfE-XL.jpg

cheers
Chris

nice images,i particularly like numbers 1 & 5 number 4 looks hdr? the brickwork of the viaduct looks overdone

Like #6 a lot

I might have been tempted to crop some of the foreground in #1 but the viaduct shots look stunning imo (y)

I'm a little bit green, I've always wanted to capture a steam train hoing over the viaduct at Ribblehead.

Great set, 2&5 for me.

I'm a little bit green, I've always wanted to capture a steam train hoing over the viaduct at Ribblehead.

Great set, 2&5 for me.

Les
I think a trip up there is in order in the coming months.. trouble is dont think there are many more scheduled over Ribblehead in the coming weeks, will be in touch with some details if you fancy it

thanks for the comments guys
Chris

Les
I think a trip up there is in order in the coming months.. trouble is dont think there are many more scheduled over Ribblehead in the coming weeks, will be in touch with some details if you fancy it

thanks for the comments guys
Chris

Yep :)

Cracking set of shots, difficult to choose which I like best. Sold a painting of Duchess of Hamilton a while back. She was due on a run down here earlier this week, but Bittern was scheduled instead.

Last edited:
In the last few years I became interested in the Settle > Carlilse railway Line after seeing some great images on here 'Swiss Toni' being one that inspired me to get and have a go
Glad to be of help Chris, love the last shot it really gives some idea of the scale of Ribblehead, shame the wind was blowing the wrong way.

You and Les really shouldn't miss THIS on Saturday.
A GWR Castle over the S&C, very rare, times are HERE, "The Pride of Swindon".

Duchess of Hamilton a while back. She was due on a run down here earlier this week, but Bittern was scheduled instead.
I think you mean "Duchess of Sutherland", "Hamilton" is in the NRM.

#6 for me. The panorama format really suits this image. Its a very long train at 14 carriages.

Awesome Chris.
Let me know where these were taken? and the lens you used? wouldnt mind a bash myself.
Good to catch up today, nothing more came through after you left so I got off at about 5:30.
Hope the ankle improves.
Andy

Awesome Chris.
Let me know where these were taken? and the lens you used? wouldnt mind a bash myself.
Good to catch up today, nothing more came through after you left so I got off at about 5:30.
Hope the ankle improves.
Andy

Yep
nice chatting with you Andy.... ankle is swollen and giving me some grief but no doubt will survive LOL

Back