Should I get a different flash?

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been thinking about getting the "YONGNUO YN24EX E TTL Macro Flash " to use with my Canon MPE65mm (and possibly another one for my 60mm).
Here are some photos that I took with my current set up.
Reasons against
1) Money
2) Weight I already have problems with MPE65, ideally I would go to the gym and get stronger but I have shoulder problems which make that tricky (almost impossible if not impossible)
3) Taking up more space
4) The hassle of creating a new diffuser - for me not that easy

Shield Bug IMG_0975 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Mosquito IMG_1092 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Woodlouse IMG_1011 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Hoverfly IMG_1095 by davholla2002, on Flickr

I dont know what you use atm but I dont think you would have anything to lose by getting a new flash, as for those YONGNUO YN24EX E TTL I would guess that they come with diffusers as a set.
Failing that I have just got a new flash unit, it seems to work well, its a VOKING VK800, its TTL and seems to refresh at an alarming rate on new batteries, so much so I would rate this flash unit but if I had a choice I would prefer a set-up like the Nikon/Canon Twin set-up but they are way OTT for the price.
I would say yes, get the YONGNUO YN24EX E TTL and enjoy the extra performance.

I dont know what you use atm but I dont think you would have anything to lose by getting a new flash, as for those YONGNUO YN24EX E TTL I would guess that they come with diffusers as a set.
Failing that I have just got a new flash unit, it seems to work well, its a VOKING VK800, its TTL and seems to refresh at an alarming rate on new batteries, so much so I would rate this flash unit but if I had a choice I would prefer a set-up like the Nikon/Canon Twin set-up but they are way OTT for the price.
I would say yes, get the YONGNUO YN24EX E TTL and enjoy the extra performance.
I deliberately didn't say my current set up because I didn't want to prejudice anyone. I would have extra weight (I think) with this flash.

What's the best price for the Yongnuo that you have seen?

Back