Sigma 10-20mm

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for a wide angle lens for my 300d and having considered various primes but not finding one that would be wide enough and not break the bank I started looking at wide zooms. I can't afford L glass and of the cheaper options the Sigma 10-20mm seems to stand out.

Anyone used one/own one can say yes or no?

Second question, has anyone used onestop-digital yet? I can buy it from warehouse express for £334.99, Jessops want £369.99, I could possibly get them to pricematch but onestop-digital do it for £299.99 all in. I think Jessops would be the best bet for returns etc if I can get them to price match, don't suppose there's much chance they'll match £299 ;)

used onestop for my Sigma 70-300 and they were great. Would use again.

SammyC said:
used onestop for my Sigma 70-300 and they were great. Would use again.

Ditto. Can't comment on your choice of lens though I'm afraid.

You're right about the outer edges when the lens is used at 10mm but that's to be expected, maybe I should invest in the dxo software also, to correct it :)

I just found these samples of the Sigma 10-20, Tamrom 11-18 and the Sigma 12-24. From looking at them the Tamron is quite soft and the two Sigma's look basically the same. The edges are soft, even at f/16. But I guess thats just the way it is.

I've also found this too. Some stunning results. I'm really thinking that I'll get this lens.

CRW_6191_01.jpg

Full size version, 2.1mb.

Seems like a decent lens. A bit soft on the edges but it seems like most ultra-wide lenses do that.

Jammy git :) RL stepped in and said "nooooo! you can't have it yet" to me :(

Back