Sigma DP3M

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
My wife says that I have to get rid of all the old camera "junk" in the cupboard - so sorting through some on the equipment that I've not used for ages I pulled out my DP3M and took a few shots of "flowers"

These Sigma's, (released in 2013), which are no longer made now seem to be attracting a "following"

the camera fired up as if it was yesterday and as usual produced some amazing files - these are quick single shots at f8 - (no stacking, and hardly any processing in LR once the Sigma files had been converted to tiff's)

TP_DP3M_flower_1.jpg

TP_DP3M_flower_2.jpg

TP_DP3M_flower_3.jpg

TP_DP3M_flower_4.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice set of floral macro/close up style captures Bill, liking all of these very much.

Lovely colours. I’ve owned the dp2m. These cameras are so annoying to use but the results are outstanding.
I don’t know what is it about them but the colour accuracy/vibrancy as well as the resolution was amazing without much work in the post processing.

Lovely colours. I’ve owned the dp2m. These cameras are so annoying to use but the results are outstanding.
I don’t know what is it about them but the colour accuracy/vibrancy as well as the resolution was amazing without much work in the post processing.

Thank Marino - yes they are a pain to use - batteries, well mine, only last about 30 shots - you have to process the Sigma images in their software to create tiff's or jpegs to use in Lightroom .......... I bought mine in 2013 - I'm trying to find the DP1M - I just cannot remember where it is ........... the reason I got them out, (well the DP3M so far), is that I'm trying to get rid of stuff and I saw what they were selling for on eBay - but now I've used in I'll keep it and when I find the DP1M give that a try.

Thank Marino - yes they are a pain to use - batteries, well mine, only last about 30 shots - you have to process the Sigma images in their software to create tiff's or jpegs to use in Lightroom .......... I bought mine in 2013 - I'm trying to find the DP1M - I just cannot remember where it is ........... the reason I got them out, (well the DP3M so far), is that I'm trying to get rid of stuff and I saw what they were selling for on eBay - but now I've used in I'll keep it and when I find the DP1M give that a try.
I think i bought mine for £500 used. Don’t think the price has dropped at all and it’s hard to get them. If i had one now I would use it more like a MF camera. When I had it I used it like a compact P&S which is not really the best approach isn’t it?

a few more, this time just cropped jpegs - really is a good close up camera

wasted most of the day playing with this Sigma

TP_Perkoe_1.jpg

TP_Perkoe_2.jpg

TP_Perkoe_3.jpg

Last edited:
Back