Site outage

S

Steve

I am extremely sorry for the site being down for the past 2 hours, this was caused by a database connection error.

It took me a while to track the problem down and correct it but everything should now be back to normal.

i think we need an auto message to say its broke, we know, but its being fixed?

Nobody..or rather nobody is admiting anything YET.

For some reason the databases that the site and a few other bits that I am playing with, have ALL lost all users applied to them at host level. From access logs it appears as nobody was in the cpanel or accessing the databases yet all user accounts to the DB's were empty.

It took me a while to track it down as it was the last thing I expected with not altering anything myself.

I am going to contact the hosts now to see what they know as it might be an internal issue.

Again guys, I am sorry for the downtime.

Now I just need to delete the 500+ emails I have recieved in the last hour. ;)

Steve said:

yeah sorry about that....:ponders:

Steve said:
I wonder who sent the other 10 :ponders:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I think it was all the users trying to log on LOL!!!!!!

Sorry dude, Bit bizarre tho!

EosD said:
yeah sorry about that....:ponders:

Everytime someone tried to access the site, either the front end or the forums it generated a database error, and for every database error I get a notification email...hense the high level of emails I recieved in a short time.

For a moment I thought I was popular. :LOL:

Back