Some advice needed on retouching on an IPAD

MnM

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I'm no expert (or even lover of) retouching but accept its a necessary part of portrait photography, so have been learning some basics in Photoshop on the Mac. Frequency Separation, Colour Grading and now doing some practice on Dodging and Burning. So far so good on the Mac, I think I'm actually getting somewhere. No great shakes but I'm happy enough.

But then I thought I'd give it a go on the IPAD as I think I would benefit from using the pencil on there rather than investing in a Wacom, so started with frequency separation but can't seem to find how to apply images on the HF layer. When I google it seems to be that frequency separation isn't possible on the IPAD and "Affinity" keeps coming up in the search results as the best option.

So just looking for some advice really. Would like to transfer and practice my newly learnt skills on the IPAD if it's possible. If it is does anyone have any links/tutorials that would be useful

Or am i better off just going with something like Affinity on the IPAD and the standard approach when on the Mac

Cheers

Mike

Back