Some colour film?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I've been shooting Ilford HP5+ on my Nikon EM for a while now...but I'm off to a festival next week and B&W just isn't going to capture the atmosphere :)

Forecast is sunshine at the moment....and I'd be predominantly shooting during the day, although I wouldn't mind a roll or two of something fast to stick in in the evenings.

Any reccomendations? Don't really know where to start with colour, ta :cool:

Hi all,

I've been shooting Ilford HP5+ on my Nikon EM for a while now...but I'm off to a festival next week and B&W just isn't going to capture the atmosphere :)

Forecast is sunshine at the moment....and I'd be predominantly shooting during the day, although I wouldn't mind a roll or two of something fast to stick in in the evenings.

Any reccomendations? Don't really know where to start with colour, ta :cool:

I've had good results with fuji 1600 asa colour neg film, really likes 800asa but still ok at 1600.

shot using fuji 1600 asa.... colours might not be great, bit of camera shake, but hey I got a pic with a sigma 24mm f2.8 without buying an expensive DSLR than can work at 1600 iso and with IS.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/img020.jpg

Slide or print film? I can't advise on print film but I like Fuji provia as nicely saturated all round colour film, available in ISO100 and 400 flavours too.

Ektar 100 for daytime-nice and saturated. Alternatively, if the clouds come in Portra 400VC would be a good bet-very fine grain and better saturation than many other films of that speed.
For night-time, another vote for Superia 1600, though it may be grainier than you'd like-it depends what effect you're after. Perhaps a fast B&W film would be an idea for atmospheric evening shots?

I find velvia and provia just to saturated for peoples skin, but others like it. I would go for something like kodak portra vc.

Kodak PRO Ektapress Film PJ800 - buy some of this if you you want to do some atmospheric evening shots, use a tripod or monpod if your using a long telephoto

Sadly, I only managed to shoot the end of one roll of HP5+ and a couple from some Fuji superia 800 before I noticed the battery was dying in my Nikon EM and it was over-exposing everything :( Arse.

Back