some from today and trying hard

User.81858

Suspended / Banned
Name
Charles
Edit My Images
Yes
Experimenting with 50mm 32mm tubes and an old ring flash._DSC0027.NEF.jpg _DSC0025.NEF.jpg _DSC0022.NEF.jpg _DSC0017.NEF.jpg

Cool effort Charles, the Fly is the better take here.
May I suggest this possible rendition?

Flypp.jpg

Thank you yet again Daniel for taking the trouble to show me how my images can be improved. I have just spent half an hour on your web site and viewing your images have given me great pleasure and encouragement.:hug:

Something is not right with these. Either the 50mm lens is iffy in IQ or your flash is not firing. The shots should be sharper with flash being used.

Maybe it is the fact you are using F22 ? Maybe try F11 ?

Have you got another lens to try with the tubes ?

Afraid none of them are sharp and in particular 3 seems way off.

I doubt it anything to do with the flash as it looks like the lens has not focussed so no amount of flash will give you a sharp image

Stan

Thanks for your comments Chris and Stan. I think it is myself that is at fault they are all hand held and I think I am moving out of focus as I am releasing the shutter.

Thanks for your comments Chris and Stan. I think it is myself that is at fault they are all hand held and I think I am moving out of focus as I am releasing the shutter.

Sounds about right. I remember I used to do the same (still do on occasion). You might want to try rocking backwards and forwards slightly, hitting the shutter button just before you are about to reach the optimum focus point. That way you don't need to hold focus for quite so long and moving as you fire off shots should help maintain consistency. It may require some practice though!

Looks like you are getting there! The first looks fine to me. You should look for a slightly different angle as the leg is obscuring the lead eye, but it is often difficult the spot these issues through the view finder.

Sounds about right. I remember I used to do the same (still do on occasion). You might want to try rocking backwards and forwards slightly, hitting the shutter button just before you are about to reach the optimum focus point. That way you don't need to hold focus for quite so long and moving as you fire off shots should help maintain consistency. It may require some practice though!

Looks like you are getting there! The first looks fine to me. You should look for a slightly different angle as the leg is obscuring the lead eye, but it is often difficult the spot these issues through the view finder.

Thanks for the comment Tim.

Apart from #3, I'm not sure they are as out of focus as they at first appear. I think there may be something else going on here rather than (or as well as) a focusing issue.

NOT MY IMAGE - CharlyChuckChuck fly_DxO 10 JPG 01c LR-6
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

CharlyChuckChuck Crane fly_DxO 10 JPG 01c LR

NOT MY IMAGE - CharlyChuckChuck Greenbottle fly_DxO 10 JPG 01c LR-2

Hats off to you Nick Have I got a lot to learn!

Back