SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
All with the 645z and 45-85.

Went to the woods at Kinclaven. Nice place to spend time in. However couldn't quite get the shots to work the way I wanted to them so made some ICM's instead.

_IMG1149 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_IMG1146 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_IMG1171 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_IMG1172_1 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_IMG1154 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_IMG1156 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I had a lot of fun creating these and definitely want to make more.

Any suggestions, pointers or ideas greatly appreciated.

Nice! Really like the last one. The colours are lovely - especially the subdued purples.

One tip I heard was to move the camera in the direction of any strong lines in the image. I embellished this to try and follow any interesting shapes or lines I could see in an image. Whether any of it worked or not I don't know, but I preferred the results.

Nice! Really like the last one. The colours are lovely - especially the subdued purples.

One tip I heard was to move the camera in the direction of any strong lines in the image. I embellished this to try and follow any interesting shapes or lines I could see in an image. Whether any of it worked or not I don't know, but I preferred the results.
There's a great one in the ICM thread where I think this was done - and move the camera up and down, maybe supported on a tripod pulling up on a loosened centre collumn.

I cannot wait to make more. The blue bells added the colour though, now they are gone there is less colours to play with - and I think colour being a very important thing for this style - so expect I'll have to wait until Autumn or find some garlic flowered woodland and go there. But I am going to make more.

Last shot is a real keeper mate, it`s always worth trying something different if you don`t have that feeling for what you went there for.
PS, there is a thread for ICM shots.

Last shot is a real keeper mate, it`s always worth trying something different if you don`t have that feeling for what you went there for.
PS, there is a thread for ICM shots.

I went on it and posted a few there.

Initially I went and the conditions were just a bit meh - and folliage etc was moving so trying to get a tack perfect one just wasn't happening.

_IMG1163 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Got this and thought, this deserves a bit more chutzpah from me to avoid disappointment.

For me, it is shot 1, 3 and the last :)

I am slightly surprised at you doing these Steve but i like them and the last is my favourite

Brilliant set, painterly with great colours and movement but still recognisable compositions. Spot on

That's the trick - a little bit like water, retain texture but sort of smooth it out.

All hand held and if you got between 1/2 sec and 2 secs you can plenty of movement that retains the textures of the scene.

Cannot wait for Autumn to make more.

Back