Some new ID's this week

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I went back on to my local nature reserve and took a few more photographs today, some of which I have found the subjects for the first time...

7-spot ladybirds and a sepsis sp. ant-mimic fly:

7-Spot_and_Sepsis_Fly_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Scarlet elf cup fungus - not seen this before this week - and a close look shows a tiny katinnidae sp. globular springtail, and in the 2nd, a Lepidocyrtus elongate springtail.

scarlet_1_4k_1800-XL.jpg

scarlet_2_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Apion frumentarium weevil - another first.

apion_weevil_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Neriene clathrata (sheet web spider) - another first.

cobweb_spider_01_4k_1800-XL.jpg

Paul.

Last edited:
Love the ladybug image :)

Nice set Paul, I really like the ladybird image :)

Nice set. I didn't know they were called ladybirds in the UK, we call them ladybugs in the US. No matter the name, I like that shot the best, very nice.

Nice set. I didn't know they were called ladybirds in the UK, we call them ladybugs in the US. No matter the name, I like that shot the best, very nice.
You’d have difficulty adopting our name for them in TX ince it’s already taken by Mrs LBJ with lakes and so on named after her ;).

You’d have difficulty adopting our name for them in TX ince it’s already taken by Mrs LBJ with lakes and so on named after her ;).
I get that, I lived in Austin, Tx for 17 years and all you heard was Ladybird this, Ladybird that. You would think someone would've changed the state birds name (mockingbird) to Ladybird.

Cheers m8 :)

Paul.

Back