Some of todays bugs

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a little while to play in the garden today, managed to get a few.

This one was on something hanging from a strand of web and spinning and blowing in the little breeze that was blowing, I was surprised I got it at all tbh

_IMG5298ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Not sure but I think this might be a robber fly

_IMG5323ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG5342ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG5343ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG5355ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG5384ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

This thing is tiny, its on the tip of a blade of grass, with its prey

_IMG5393ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

_IMG5400ed2sm by dr.shutter, on Flickr

OMG these are amazing shots and they get better as you go down the page, Great detail.
Well done

Yep - really good images - some great macro/close focus shots being posted in the last few days

Really sorry to hear that, always enjoyed looking at your shots
What is it that's holding you back, do you think ?

Thanks. Not sure exactly - love my Fuji for landscapes but don't feel I've quite gelled with it yet for macro. Used to use a 100mm prime with my Canon but there is no exact Fuji equivalent and the 80mm is horribly expensive! I now have a Samyang 100mm (a recent gift for Mrs DD) so I'm going to give it a serious go with that this summer. If all else fails I may buy a Canon body and a Canon 100mm just for macro! Not for giving up just yet anyway :)

Glad to hear it, I am considering getting a crop body just for macro, I love the iq from ff but the dof is just so shallow.
Definitely dont give up yet, If its a samyang 100mm macro you have, then I think you will love it, that thing is meant to be razor sharp, and mf is the only real way for macro anyway. Looking forward to seeing your shots from it (y)(y)(y)

Thanks. Not sure exactly - love my Fuji for landscapes but don't feel I've quite gelled with it yet for macro. Used to use a 100mm prime with my Canon but there is no exact Fuji equivalent and the 80mm is horribly expensive! I now have a Samyang 100mm (a recent gift for Mrs DD) so I'm going to give it a serious go with that this summer. If all else fails I may buy a Canon body and a Canon 100mm just for macro! Not for giving up just yet anyway :)

Do you have a telezoom Mike? (You know what suggestion comes next if you have. :) )

Do you have a telezoom Mike? (You know what suggestion comes next if you have. :) )
Hi Nick. I’ve an 18-135 - it works pretty well with a Raynox 150 but not as successfully with a 250. Might just be me though!

I’m starting to think it might be the EVF on the Fuji- I always seem to miss the focus point slightly and it’s almost always further away than I want it to be. Odd.

Derek, my apologies if this is going too far off-topic.
Hi Nick. I’ve an 18-135 - it works pretty well with a Raynox 150 but not as successfully with a 250. Might just be me though!

The 250 is more difficult. There again, my first 55-250 wouldn't play nicely with a 250 although it was ok with a 150, so it might be the 18-135.

I’m starting to think it might be the EVF on the Fuji- I always seem to miss the focus point slightly and it’s almost always further away than I want it to be. Odd.

Manual focus? (You know what comes next on that too! :) )

I used to have a d3200 but it sort of died, got myself a D750, love it but it's not for macro and my hit rate went down so I got myself a D500, wow what a difference it makes. I've never tried a mirrorless camara, I've not even picked one up.

Back