Southwest China "street style" photos

Edit My Images
No
Here is a selection of photos from my recent travels in China. I have chosen those that I think exhibit a more "street photography" style. All shot on Rollei Retro 400S 35mm film with a Nikon F801 and 35mm F2.8 AIS lens. All developed in XTOL.

What a cracking set of pictures (y), it is pity 11 is so dark it would be interesting to see what they are doing.

A really excellent set, gives a great insight into the area.

Andy

looking at 13, you must be pretty tall! i'm in china myself at the moment and at 6'4" i definitely get a good view over crowds..

great shots, did u develop out there? i've got a roll of b+w i need to develop, but can't find any labs that do b+w so need to get the chemicals somehow.

What a cracking set of pictures (y), it is pity 11 is so dark it would be interesting to see what they are doing.
That's what I get for relying so much on the camera's inbuilt metering. Ought to have overexposed a bit to compensate for the bright street outside, but I didn't think of it. I'm not too bothered by the darkness myself as it feels "right" to me, it was a bit dark in there, but then I know exactly what was happening so the point of interest is different for me.

looking at 13, you must be pretty tall! i'm in china myself at the moment and at 6'4" i definitely get a good view over crowds..

great shots, did u develop out there? i've got a roll of b+w i need to develop, but can't find any labs that do b+w so need to get the chemicals somehow.
Nah, I'm about the same height as everyone else there. The pic is wonky because I held the camera above my head to shoot. "F8 and be there" and all that.

I didn't dev anything in China, I waited till I was back here.

Another set of China photos?!

I really like these too, think 8 and 9 are my favourites.

Back