Spider season... and other bugs

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely sunny autumnal afternoon so had a mooch around with the camera hunting for bugs. Bit of difficulty with my cat following me everywhere and trying to eat the subjects... but I got a few. C&C welcome...

All taken with Nikon D7000 plus Tamron 90mm macro. Onboard flash in some instances with ghetto tissue diffuser in place.

DSC_4376 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_4391 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_4526 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_4530 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_4699 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_4702 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_4555 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

1 and 2 are really sweet with No2 really hitting the sweet spot, great composition and symmetry being super.

Bit of difficulty with my cat following me everywhere and trying to eat the subjects...

LOL.

Nice set.

C&C welcome...

#1 I like the angle. Lots in focus, but f/20 is showing up the spots on your sensor. (I have terrible problems with dust on my 70D, so I know what it's like. :()

#1, #5, #6. I wonder if the sharpening might benefit from being turned down a bit? These look a bit "sparkley" to me

#1, #2. I really like DSC_4384 at Flickr. That would be my favourite of this subject.

#5, #6. Are these cropped much? Looking (over at Flickr) at the background of these, and also of #1 (and DSC_4384) I'm seeing a very fine stippling, which I wouldn't expect to see at a low ISO like 200. It looks like an annoying effect I get in Silkypix sometimes when I sharpen a lot (which I do), and then have to take steps to remove. Are you shooting raw or JPEG? If you are shooting raw and were inclined to upload raw files for #1, #5, #6 and/or DSC_4384 for example to Dropbox (I can give you a link if you don't use Dropbox or similar), or OOC JPEGs if that is what you are using, I would be curious to play with them to see how they respond. If you aren't so inclined, that is fine too of course.

#7. I like this. And I like DSC_4548 at Flickr even more.

1 and 2 are really sweet with No2 really hitting the sweet spot, great composition and symmetry being super.

Thanks Graham - I'll admit I had to crop it as the symmetry was not quite there on the original!

LOL.

Nice set.

#1 I like the angle. Lots in focus, but f/20 is showing up the spots on your sensor. (I have terrible problems with dust on my 70D, so I know what it's like. :()

#1, #5, #6. I wonder if the sharpening might benefit from being turned down a bit? These look a bit "sparkley" to me

#1, #2. I really like DSC_4384 at Flickr. That would be my favourite of this subject.

#5, #6. Are these cropped much? Looking (over at Flickr) at the background of these, and also of #1 (and DSC_4384) I'm seeing a very fine stippling, which I wouldn't expect to see at a low ISO like 200. It looks like an annoying effect I get in Silkypix sometimes when I sharpen a lot (which I do), and then have to take steps to remove. Are you shooting raw or JPEG? If you are shooting raw and were inclined to upload raw files for #1, #5, #6 and/or DSC_4384 for example to Dropbox (I can give you a link if you don't use Dropbox or similar), or OOC JPEGs if that is what you are using, I would be curious to play with them to see how they respond. If you aren't so inclined, that is fine too of course.

#7. I like this. And I like DSC_4548 at Flickr even more.

Thank you for all the comments - some of them are cropped but actually I think it has more to do with the sharpening in Paint Shop Pro. Reckon I have overdone it - and then I also tried out the 'active light' setting which I'm not sure was a good idea either! Definitely showing the spots on my sensor - need to do something about that really. I did shoot them in raw and thank you for the offer - but don't worry about having a play with them. I'm pretty sure I know where I went wrong.

Last one is a beaut.

Thank you :)

It's #2 for me! That's a proper wow.

Thanks! Very kind of you to say so :)

Like the hi key look in 2. The last one is the best for me.

Thank you - that does seem to be the consensus :)

some great detail in these, can I ask if you used just the bare 90mm lens or did you have tubes attached ?

some great detail in these, can I ask if you used just the bare 90mm lens or did you have tubes attached ?

I'm pretty sure all of these were just the 90mm - but I was carrying around my raynox 150 so some of them could be with that. In all honesty I can't remember.

Back