Spider

I took a leaf out of Paul iddons book and had a look around in the garden last night managed to find this little chap behind the shed

I took a leaf out of Paul iddons book and had a look around in the garden last night managed to find this little chap behind the shed

Night can be very rewarding - I found some as well late Saturday night...

On these Les - the flash is a bit strong - there's a fair bit of white nothing areas on the legs - but otherwise, a nice pair of the orb weaver.

Paul.

Night can be very rewarding - I found some as well late Saturday night...

On these Les - the flash is a bit strong - there's a fair bit of white nothing areas on the legs - but otherwise, a nice pair of the orb weaver.

Paul.
Thanks Paul first time ive done it and not easy is it

Nice set, It's a real cutie!

Love the pose in the first one. Very striking against the colour of the background too.

Thanks Paul first time ive done it and not easy is it

Getting nice illumination is tricky. Some people (I plead guilty) spend a lot of time experimenting with different flash/diffusion setups, and some of them (guilty again) are still not happy with their setup.

Love the pose in the first one. Very striking against the colour of the background too.

Getting nice illumination is tricky. Some people (I plead guilty) spend a lot of time experimenting with different flash/diffusion setups, and some of them (guilty again) are still not happy with their setup.
I use flash in daylight and it seems ok but in the dark very difficult

I use flash in daylight and it seems ok but in the dark very difficult

That might be because during the day the flash is not the dominant light source and is acting as fill flash. That depends on the apertures and shutter speeds you are using, and also whether it is a bright day and whether your subject is in direct sunlight or in the shade. (For me for example flash is always dominant, day or night. For you it might well not be, especially on sunny days.)

Fill flash is much less problematic than using flash as the dominant source of illumination. But of course at night you have no choice about that.

That might be because during the day the flash is not the dominant light source and is acting as fill flash. That depends on the apertures and shutter speeds you are using, and also whether it is a bright day and whether your subject is in direct sunlight or in the shade. (For me for example flash is always dominant, day or night. For you it might well not be, especially on sunny days.)

Fill flash is much less problematic than using flash as the dominant source of illumination. But of course at night you have no choice about that.
Thanks Nick im happy using it in daytime and seem to have that right i rarely take any pictures in the dark so quite happy

Back