Yes
Some spiders

A wolf spider with what looks like a pet weavel

Wolf spider and friend by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Another wolf spider

Wolf spider by Alf Branch, on Flickr

An orb weaver in her retreat

Spider at home by Alf Branch, on Flickr

An orb waever that has a paraitic wasp larvae on it. She was still building her web.

Orb weaver and parasite by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Another smaller orb weaver with a parasite a few hundred metres away also building her web

Orb weaver and parasite 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Her underside

Orb weaver and parasite 3 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Some spiders

A wolf spider with what looks like a pet weavel

Wolf spider and friend by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Another wolf spider

Wolf spider by Alf Branch, on Flickr

An orb weaver in her retreat

Spider at home by Alf Branch, on Flickr

An orb waever that has a paraitic wasp larvae on it. She was still building her web.

Orb weaver and parasite by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Another smaller orb weaver with a parasite a few hundred metres away also building her web

Orb weaver and parasite 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Her underside

Orb weaver and parasite 3 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Hi Alf.

No5 with the parasitic wasp is really interesting, never seen that before.

I really like 2, and I've looked at the orb spider in it's 'home' lots, it's hard to work out if it's curled up and great to see as well.

Very unusual I have only ever seen that once - sadly it was in a hard place to photograph so didn't come out like that.

Hi Alf.

No5 with the parasitic wasp is really interesting, never seen that before.

I really like 2, and I've looked at the orb spider in it's 'home' lots, it's hard to work out if it's curled up and great to see as well.
Very unusual I have only ever seen that once - sadly it was in a hard place to photograph so didn't come out like that.
Thanks Al and David.
I have seen this a few times here is a more advanced example

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=654296&share_fid=77783&share_type=t

Was the other photo taken nearby? This is the one I saw in the Amazon, it was deep in the tunnel so couldn't really get a good photo.
SpiderIMG_3073 by davholla2002, on Flickr

The spider in the linked thread was about 30 miles away

Your spider in its retreat is always an issue to shoot but as they tend not to move just keep at it is my aproach and shoot a few shots. getting the focus in the right spot is the key its a pity you didnt get the fcus quite right.

The spider in the linked thread was about 30 miles away

Your spider in its retreat is always an issue to shoot but as they tend not to move just keep at it is my aproach and shoot a few shots. getting the focus in the right spot is the key its a pity you didnt get the fcus quite right.
Sadly it was on a guided tour and people were hurrying to see a tarantula so I had a time issue. Tarantulas are very easy to see, I once had one climb on me in the shower, so the rush was a bit irritating and strange.

Sadly it was on a guided tour and people were hurrying to see a tarantula so I had a time issue. Tarantulas are very easy to see, I once had one climb on me in the shower, so the rush was a bit irritating and strange.
Ah I know your pain different subject usually for me though
Brilliant, I like them all,
I'm only starting to see spiders coming out now, and they seem to be pretty small ones at the minute,
Thanks Derek

Back