St Marks Square - another one to discuss

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
another couple of images to comment on if you feel like it - I have them in various sizes 16 x 9 and "normal" B & W and coloured

more pictorial than "street" - is it "street"

which do you prefer - one or the other or neither

"two sisters?" and "Looking up" and a pigeon

TP_St_Marks_2.jpg

TP_St_Marks_1.jpg

Last edited:
For me, they're street photos. I love the processing in the BW one, and I love the colours in the "Looking up" one. I'm not a fan of HDR, but this one is ok.

The pigeon was the only one looking at me!

(being fond of taking images of birds, I always notice them)

The gradient in the first is a bit too much for my liking, especially top left.
However the photo aces it for me in having the four (5?) main subjects well positioned, complimentary and easy on the eye.
Colour for me confuses the second, my eye doesn’t know where to go as I see no main point of focus and lots of interspersed bright colours. However I don’t think mono would have made me prefer it to the first.
And yes both ‘street’ for me.

Interesting perspective from both photos... Judging by the direction I guess they are looking at the clock? certain time of the day? Otherwise their gaze would be towards the Basilica to their right....

Me, I'd be off to my left to Cafe Florian for an Aperol

Interesting perspective from both photos... Judging by the direction I guess they are looking at the clock? certain time of the day? Otherwise their gaze would be towards the Basilica to their right....

Me, I'd be off to my left to Cafe Florian for an Aperol

Hi Peter - as soon as we got back we bought the "Aperol kit" ( 4 bottles of Proseco and 1 bottle of Aperol), from Majestic - this being my wife's favourite - I preferred the Campari Spitz plus when I was working years ago, (I retired in 1993 from full time), I had a good mate, Bruno, who ran the Milan office and he always took me to the"best Campari bar in Milan" - he died a few years ago and every time I drink Campari I always remember Bruno, so it's become special for me.

Yes the clock - plus in the top RH corner is the Bar Americano - here's an image? - I was obviously attracted by the signage!)
(Venice is expensive - but it is really really interesting........ fabulous - we cannot wait to go back again)

TP_Bar_Americano.jpg

Last edited:
Back