Stone and pool on the mudflats

I normally feel that the golden ratio is more appropriate for a standard 3:2 format image, rather than ROT... plus, this composition is actually a little wider and closer to the ideal 3.24:2.

This is the image composed a little looser using the golden ratio. I also tweaked it a little to move it more into the complimentary colors (cyan/orange)... it' not a huge difference...
Untitled-4.jpg

Last edited:
I normally feel that the golden ratio is more appropriate for a standard 3:2 format image... this composition is actually a little wider and closer to 3.24:2.

This is the image composed a little looser using the golden ratio. I also tweaked it a little to move it more into the complimentary colors (cyan/orange)... it' not a huge difference...
Thank you, Steven, comp was limited a bit by pools/distractions either side, but I can see the differance, I will need to play with angles a bit more in the future to see if I can work more space or find another pool :LOL:
I had pushed the colours a bit from what is actually there, but the orange does add something to the image, It's a coastal mudflat and pretty grim.
Thanks for the feedback, notes taken (y)

Back