storing medium format film after being used but before developing

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Finally finished my first roll and going to pop it out the back later but what is the best thing to do with it? With 35mm I remember there were wee plastic cases to pop it inside but with 120?

I get really anal about keeping them in a light proof container, however tightly wound they are.
I imagine light weaselling its way in over time, when I open the fridge door the light comes on, and before I do anything else I check the lid is tight on the box....:LOL:..............:wacky:

ok there's a wee tab so that stuck the paper down but my film lives in a transparent tupperware. hmm maybe ill dig out something else for them, anal about light isn't necessarily a bad thing-closest thing i have to a digi back up ;)

Good luck with that, finding a black tupperware type box is nothing like as easy as I thought it would be, I ended up buying a floppy disc storage box from staples or somewhere daft, can't remember.
Everything seems to be transparent...:|

I don't worry about it too much. Light isn't like water. It can't creep in round corners or force its way between layers.

Just wind it on tightly, stick on the little tab and put it somewhere safe until it's processing time.

Steve.

I stick it in my desk drawer. Like everyone else says, just make sure then end is on tightly and stick the tab down. In fact, if you develop the stuff yourself, you'll know how much paper there is before you even get to the film... the clever people who came up with 120 format film thought about this light leakage problem too.

Good luck with that, finding a black tupperware type box is nothing like as easy as I thought it would be, I ended up buying a floppy disc storage box from staples or somewhere daft, can't remember.
Everything seems to be transparent...:|

what about getting a clear one and a can of spraypaint ;)

I've got two boxes that I bought from a shop that store 120 film. The boxes were distibuted by Kenro . They're made by Peca products an American company http://www.pecaproducts.com/film_storage.htm Not sure who or if anyone imports them into the Uk but try doing more searches and you may find someone

Back