Critique Summer house in the woods

Cool ;)

It lacks 'pazaz' if you know what I mean. It sure it a great scene, but it is like a snapshot. A re-visit is worthwhile and instead of featuring the trees and the building, look for interesting angles of the building. It does look tricky as is there is no 'depth' to be had.

Cheers Jak.
It lacks 'pazaz' if you know what I mean. It sure it a great scene, but it is like a snapshot. A re-visit is worthwhile and instead of featuring the trees and the building, look for interesting angles of the building. It does look tricky as is there is no 'depth' to be had.
Thank you, I think you confirmed why I may have been struggling with it, I think I was hoping to make something of it but can't, I will return with another lens to check out closer angles and look for features.
Far too many trees for anything else.

I normally find that images like this look best if they are perfectly symmetrical. Unfortunately this isn't quite there and and all the slight variations in angles and positioning in the frame make it look a bit jarring. You could probably correct a lot of the variation post and crop it into a square image and it would look more pleasing.

Also it looks like you have corrected the verticals but you might find that if it tappers slightly towards the top it may look better, something like +3 or 4 in the lens correction filter may be worth a try.

Andrew HATFIELD | Architectural and Interior Photographer

I normally find that images like this look best if they are perfectly symmetrical. Unfortunately this isn't quite there and and all the slight variations in angles and positioning in the frame make it look a bit jarring. You could probably correct a lot of the variation post and crop it into a square image and it would look more pleasing.

Also it looks like you have corrected the verticals but you might find that if it tappers slightly towards the top it may look better, something like +3 or 4 in the lens correction filter may be worth a try.

Andrew HATFIELD | Architectural and Interior Photographer
Thank you for the feedback Andrew, that makes sense, I will make a note and watch for these in future.
I will have a play with the image, but no point trying to make something that isn't there.
Much appreciated (y)

Back