Taking advantage of Iceland's Golden "HOURS"

Name
Daníel Örn Smárason
Edit My Images
Yes
I went on a trip last week to the north of Iceland, Amazing landscape and I recomend all the landscape lovers to visit.
The weather was not so great during the day it was raining and very cloudy but during the night it was pretty nice, no rain and you could actually see the sky.
So I decided to sleep during the day and go explore during the night, so I could skip the rain and cloudy weather.
It was a great idea! I managed to get many great photos, but 2 of them that stood out were both shot from the drone, I am starting to love the drone more and more every single time I use it!

Here is a shot of a place called "Ásbyrgi" it looks amazing and is some sort of a nature paradise when you are inside it.
It is also very famous for the shape, there are some old myth about it being a foot print of odins horse "Sleipnir"
The name also translates to "Shelter of the Gods"

Ásbyrgi by Danniorn, on Flickr

Here is another photo, of a mountain called "Hverfjall" which is a volcanic crater that formed around 2500 years ago. It is around 1km wide, 140 meters deep and highest point around 420 meters

Hverfjall by Danniorn, on Flickr

:Off Topic:
For those who saw my other post of the Volcano -
"Too bad" that the Volcano in Grindavík has stopped and I couldnt get access to go close enough to fly the drone to get some new photos of lava.
Hopefully I will be able to get photos of the next eruption ;)

Thanks for viewing!

Lovely views

I would strongly suggest taking multiple exposures and sorting out the sky because it is mostly totally gone. I'm afraid this is all manual with DJI because 0.7 stop bracketing is a waste of time

Lovely views

I would strongly suggest taking multiple exposures and sorting out the sky because it is mostly totally gone. I'm afraid this is all manual with DJI because 0.7 stop bracketing is a waste of time
Thanks for the comment!

There is nothing to be seen in the sky on the lower photo since it was cloudy, no texture in the sky and the sun barelly peeking through at the lowest part, so thats why the whole sky is gray/white

Not sure if you were talking about both of them, but photos with the sun in it and the sky not á little blown out feels "fake and unnatural" to me.
Id love to get some more feedback on that, both from you and other people!

Back