The Bridge/Superzoom Owners Thread

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

I know there probably aren't many of us around these forums with a bridge/superzoom or whatever you want to call them! So I thought I'd start a new thread, so anything to do with them is more than welcome here!

I'll get some photos put up here tomorrow! I had my Lumix FZ150 for Christmas, and to be honest I haven't had that much time to go out and use it! :bang:

Cheers,

Matt

Hello Matt,

I have a Nikon P500 bridge/superzoom, and have been here a while, i have had lots of help and advice from the other members and find the forum a great help and source of inspiration.

I am hoping to get an SLR this year if funds will permit, but will definitely be keeping the P500.

Nice to see I'm not the only one with a brige! Tbh I'm absolutely loving it, and i've recently joined Blaina Photography Club in South Wales, which madmatt from this forum runs. Since joining there I really love long exposure shots, but my bridge really lacks when trying to do this type of shot. I will use this bridge for 6/12 months then hopefully get my first SLR, if the other half lets me, since we have a wedding to pay for next year! lol

Yes i love the P500 but have similar limitations, the more limitations i find the more i want an SLR.

I think it's time to resurect this thread and give it some welly.

I'll start with a shot made on my old Panasonic TZ40 with its 30X zoom...

British Airways Airbus A380 TZ40 1020149.jpg

A pocket superzoom with a 24mm equivalent lens, like the Panasonic TZ70, is just the thing for catching that huge cloud above an open landscape...

Cloud over farmland TZ70 P1030278.JPG

Even a "proper" Bridge camera is generally un-noticed by people who are busy with their own concerns...

Fujifilm SL300 8GB 05 SL300 DSCF3397.JPG

This picture was made on an old Fujifilm SLR that I bought for £5 from a charity shop...

Fuji SL300 camera E-PL5 P6160002.JPG

All I had to do to get it working was buy a new battery and charger from Amazon!

Back