the bronica has landed *and a question about focus*

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Got my hands on my new to me bronica SQA, looks and feels lovely. Google is proving very useful (darkslide was upside down which was why the back didn't come off) and I've robbed the TV remote for batteries for the speedgrip. I'm playing about with it before I load any film but can't find destructions for the speedgrip? I've found the film advance button (good i pooped myself when that started up) but there are Sm and Cm settings which i can't find online.

EDIT: single shot mode and continuous mode?

awesome cheers, the manuals i downloaded all had the winding arm rather than the speedgrip. I'm loving it so far and still haven't loaded a film*

*hopefully i dont fall out of love when i see the cack handed results i produce

I have a question about focus-if I want to have shallow depth of field with only a persons eyes in focus, can i use the central split prism circle to focus then recompose? or will that alter the area of focus? Or do i have to have their eyes in the central circle to ensure that part will be focussed?

forgive my ignorance

Cant help with the focusing issue i am afraid, but show us pictures of your new toy!

+1
The various threads on medium format cameras is causing me heart/head battles.

You and me both.

Also i cant work out if i would want 6x6 or if a 645 would do. The ETRSi kits are so much cheaper!

Have you considered 6x7?

not wanting to hi-jack Fontmoss' thread, but aren't the 6x7's more expensive? I have looked at the Mamiya RB67 and they seem dear.

I have a question about focus-if I want to have shallow depth of field with only a persons eyes in focus, can i use the central split prism circle to focus then recompose? or will that alter the area of focus? Or do i have to have their eyes in the central circle to ensure that part will be focussed?

forgive my ignorance

I used to have a split prism screen but now just a grid clear.

What I used to do is move the split bit to over the eyes then recomp the photo, best way really

fontmoss - is it the SQ-Am you've got with a built-in motor drive, or the SQ-A with add-on motor drive? Not clear from your post, but the instructions in Knikki's post are for the SQ-Am of course. I used to have one and although heavy and a bit noisy, it's a fantastic bit of kit!

Focusing and recomposing is fine and a standard technique in those circumstances. Just make sure the part of the subject you want in focus stays at the same distance from the camera when you recompose, and you'll be OK.

sorry all been in barcelona for a few days (without the bronica) but cheers for the replies. I'm halfway through a colour roll and once get it developed ill try and scan the prints (if there are any decent ones)

Just make sure the part of the subject you want in focus stays at the same distance from the camera when you recompose, and you'll be OK.

yeah that was the bit im worried about, with a shallow depth of field and working handheld i feel it will be all too easy to fluff the distance and end up with a ose in focus instead of eyes but then that's probably all part of the charm!

Got my hands on my new to me bronica SQA, looks and feels lovely. Google is proving very useful (darkslide was upside down which was why the back didn't come off) and I've robbed the TV remote for batteries for the speedgrip. I'm playing about with it before I load any film but can't find destructions for the speedgrip? I've found the film advance button (good i pooped myself when that started up) but there are Sm and Cm settings which i can't find online.

EDIT: single shot mode and continuous mode?

A hammer is the tool for the destruction of the speedgrip. :LOL:

Back