The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I had a few hours to kill this morning whilst my car was in the garage, so I took a walk along the canal next to the garage. I was surprised by the amount of wildlife - I should have taken a longer lens. This dandelion was the only photo I was happy with, but it was nice to spend the morning outside.

Dandelion by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

Anyone updated their X-T5 to Version: 3.01 yet?
Any issues? Any improvements? Does it reset anything?
Yeah, I did mine when it cam out. It's a biggun so make sure your battery is fully charged. AF has speeded up a bit, also the tracking seems to lock on better than before.
Couple of menu items added, but all settings are as was (or at least mine didn't change).

Reactions: LC2
Yeah, I did mine when it cam out. It's a biggun so make sure your battery is fully charged. AF has speeded up a bit, also the tracking seems to lock on better than before.
Couple of menu items added, but all settings are as was (or at least mine didn't change).
Thanks. I think I'll leave upgrading until after this weekends event, but that's good to know.

No random crashes or anything? (I seem to recall a bad X-T3 firmware a few years back...

Thanks. I think I'll leave upgrading until after this weekends event, but that's good to know.

No random crashes or anything? (I seem to recall a bad X-T3 firmware a few years back...
Sounds like a plan :)
No, no crashes or any sign of quirky bugs. I do update mine via SD card though, and not WiFi ;)

Sounds like a plan :)
No, no crashes or any sign of quirky bugs. I do update mine via SD card though, and not WiFi ;)
(y) that is comforting. Whilst I'm happy using my X-T3 or 2 as a backup camera, I have gotten used to the improved Eye A/F.
I don't update via wifi and doubt I will until forced, although the changes to the wifi update process with 3.01 do seem to make it a safer option.

(y) that is comforting. Whilst I'm happy using my X-T3 or 2 as a backup camera, I have gotten used to the improved Eye A/F.
I don't update via wifi and doubt I will until forced, although the changes to the wifi update process with 3.01 do seem to make it a safer option.

I haven't looked into it but I would guess that the process from wifi will just copy the update to the card, then update from there, so in reality it's no less safe.

I haven't looked into it but I would guess that the process from wifi will just copy the update to the card, then update from there, so in reality it's no less safe.
Part of the new menu update has firmware update in it now (spanner section), so who knows.

@jimmyjamjojo Not been to Shirakawa-go (yet), been to Kanawaza and Matsumoto which are nearby. Not been to Takayama either. Both are off the Shinkansen route so harder to reach. Not sure what to do in Shirakawa-go though, besides photographing the local houses. It seems a VERY small place, like Narai-juku.

Back